Bailout Gas Plan on DiveProMe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both tanks are Air for me; for my mod1 training max deco was 10 mins so achievable without a extra bailout "rich" gas -- it's how my instructor made me do it
If I had a bailout (probably 50%) I would have had it as an extra stage on LHS, just like OC
EDIT: if I had 2 deco stages (50 & 100), I would go lean left of course

Dumping was hell I agree -- I have my inflator (xdeep stealth) on the right, diving wetsuit (thank you redsea)
I was not using DIL mav but ADV which is also on the right; so I used a longer inflator hose and bent it around from the left to inflator

Probably would just add extra hose anywya for drysuit

Short hose (left) for offboard dil/bailout. Long hose (right) for another bailout gas.

The dive plan I was doing was primarily to illustrate the problem with the app rather than an actual training dive.
Stop doing this. You are going to get yourself or a dive buddy killed. You have mod1 which is a no-deco, single normoxic diluent certification. Dive within your limits

I have no picture of me in 3 tanks so here is something random from google
top left + right: Air
bottom: deco bottle (or bailout rich if needed)
technically it can be on the right(?); but I think it shouldn't be in the way of the longhose

(ignore that this pic has actually 4 tanks, I haven't done that yet anyway)
1724345704839.png

Stop doing this. You are going to get yourself or a dive buddy killed. You have mod1 which is a no-deco, single normoxic diluent certification. Dive within your limits
Stop doing what? This thread is about the DiveProMe app and a technical bug within it

FYI, my IANTD Mod1 certification is not a 'no deco' certification

I just bought a SP Pilot a few days ago, and wanted to check gas density for the NEDU record on it; found myself planning a 2/93 Trimix mix just to get to that match that MOD, so I can calculate the EADD; I am still not going to do it (even if I could rob a bank for all that He) 😅

Simulation is a good learning tool, and pretty safe I think as long as we actually dive (or race track) our training limits

If you use a longhose for gas sharing, then it'll be on the bottom bailout which is hung on your left.

When you move to two bailouts, MOD2, then you still keep the longhose on the bottom bailout as you can donate to an out-of-gas (OOG) diver at any depth: surface to bottom.

When you move to hypoxic deep dives -- MOD3 -- things change as the longhose gets dangerous if used at the wrong depth.

Multiple Bailouts (e.g. bailout + deco gas) can have all left a-la DIR, or lean left rich right for the balanced rig which can also be bungeed back a-la sidemount. Deco gases would normally have a 1m/40" hose which are shareable but not longhose.

I just bought a SP Pilot a few days ago, and wanted to check gas density for the NEDU record on it; found myself planning a 2/93 Trimix mix just to get to that match that MOD, so I can calculate the EADD; I am still not going to do it (even if I could rob a bank for all that He) 😅

Simulation is a good learning tool, and pretty safe I think as long as we actually dive (or race track) our training limits
As far as I am aware, nobody has ever drowned stress testing software in a home office
If you use a longhose for gas sharing, then it'll be on the bottom bailout which is hung on your left.

When you move to two bailouts, MOD2, then you still keep the longhose on the bottom bailout as you can donate to an out-of-gas (OOG) diver at any depth: surface to bottom.

When you move to hypoxic deep dives -- MOD3 -- things change as the longhose gets dangerous if used at the wrong depth.

Multiple Bailouts (e.g. bailout + deco gas) can have all left a-la DIR, or lean left rich right for the balanced rig which can also be bungeed back a-la sidemount. Deco gases would normally have a 1m/40" hose which are shareable but not longhose.
My Gemini RB is a sidemount unit

I learn something new with every thread 🤗

But still far ahead into the future for me, first some (lots) of “fun” dives, the OC Extended range, then I’ll think about Mod2 &3

@Wibble by bottom bailout you mean bottom gas not tank placement right?

Yay thread derailment

With the non-backmount CCRs trying to go mainstream, there seems much debate & confusion about what is optimal and safe, or covered under existing Mod1/2/3 standards etc

If just the one dilout cyl--you lose that at depth, you lost your diluent, bailout, and inflation all at once? Ya gonna switch everything over to the one other deco cyl at once, after bolting back up to the MOD (while remembering to blow bubbles?)

Pretty sure that could kill me in an actually bad situation, YMMV tho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom