Bailout Gas Plan on DiveProMe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed, that's an OC dive already, just needs something for the deco of it :wink:

Did you train with Tecwise? How was your experience?
I know a friend who did mod2 JJ with them but still didn't get his thoughts (he got married after) and I am considering them for a future course

Worth giving Subsurface a try, the dive planner there has full CCR and OC bailout support, couple of quirks to how it works but generally very useful.
I abs. agree -- the best logbook app aswell (still has quirks tho)

Indeed, that's an OC dive already, just needs something for the deco of it :wink:

Did you train with Techwise? How was your experience?
I know a friend who did mod2 JJ with them but still didn't get his thoughts (he got married after) and I am considering them for a future course
Yes, I did it with TW and am now halfway through the ART add-on to Mod1. I've done loads of training with them (I live on the island) and it is always of high quality. The staff/owners are all very customer centric and personable, though bear in mind that most of them are from the north of England and communicate accordingly!

A factor to consider as you advance your training is that the deeper water in Malta is typically found off Gozo, necessitating a return ferry journey which can make for a rather long day (12 hours not a-typical for a day involving classroom training), which might involve no more than 90 minutes in the water.

Short hose (left) for offboard dil/bailout. Long hose (right) for another bailout gas.

The dive plan I was doing was primarily to illustrate the problem with the app rather than an actual training dive.
Shirley it's longhose on the LEFT as you will donate your bottom (bailout) gas. The RHS normally will be DECO gas, i.e. death if used deep.

I'm diving it in 'factory settings' for the training (didn't have a choice) though the longhose/RHS gas has a MOD equal or greater to that of the max depth of the dive so there's no danger of O2 tox if you respect the depth limit. I'll almost certainly be making changes to the config once I've finished the training. I'm actually considering putting both the LH and necklace on the LHS and having a 1m hose on a deco gas on the RHS. This would mean that the longhose can always be donated, I can bailout quickly to the necklace and the RHS can be handed off if necessary. I dive a wetsuit and am considering inflating my wing from the RHS to save money on helium and keep the tank pressures balanced. That would involve swapping the inflator and dump valve around on my Razor. Need to give that one a bit more thought as I'm right handed and I might find dumping gas with my left hand a bit tricky, particularly given the scrubbers are already kind of in the way of the dump valve, whichever side you have it on.

Shirley it's longhose on the LEFT as you will donate your bottom (bailout) gas. The RHS normally will be DECO gas, i.e. death if used deep.
I trained on SW also like that short right long left; but we are just mod1 so 🤷🏽‍♀️..
I was under the impression that my deco bailout would be like my OC deco bottle (in SM); on the left as well but below my main tanks
Would still donate from RHS

I trained on SW also like that short right long left; but we are just mod1 so 🤷🏽‍♀️..
I was under the impression that my deco bailout would be like my OC deco bottle (in SM); on the left as well but below my main tanks
Would still donate from RHS
You've confused me. When you have two tanks, you have the rich gas on the left or right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom