Bag Drag on a Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just couldn’t bring myself to wait that long at the ferry terminal and/or ticket line. Decided to give Southwest a try for the first time ever anywhere. Hoping 1 hr 35 min is enough of a connection time at HOU, on the way to Coz. Also not excited about an 11pm arrival time back in ATL but it is what it is. At least I get to dive in Coz again.

edited to say: on the way to Coz

Just couldn’t bring myself to wait that long at the ferry terminal and/or ticket line.
Yeah, me neither. AA tried to get me to return that way, but I refused. The phone agent was actually very nice about allowing me to choose my flights to and from CZM with no extra costs.
Decided to give Southwest a try for the first time ever anywhere.
Depending on dates, United is cheaper ATL-CZM, but SWA does allow two free bags.
Hoping 1 hr 35 min is enough of a connection time at HOU.
Yeah, I like at least two hours clearing I&C on return. I generally get thru much faster, but I do like to allow for problems.

Also not excited about an 11pm arrival time back in ATL but it is what it is.
Ha! It's very rare that I get back earlier than that. Small problems.

Just couldn’t bring myself to wait that long at the ferry terminal and/or ticket line. Decided to give Southwest a try for the first time ever anywhere. Hoping 1 hr 35 min is enough of a connection time at HOU. Also not excited about an 11pm arrival time back in ATL but it is what it is. At least I get to dive in Coz again.

Diving Coz is worth the effort. Safe travels.

Depending on dates, United is cheaper ATL-CZM, but SWA does allow two free bags.

Although prices for SW and United are basically the same for my week of travel, cheapest is not always my only motivating factor. The schedule and the airline play a big part for me. I’m not a fan of United and I am definitely not a fan of getting up at 3 or 4 am to get to their early 7:15am departure time in Atlanta.

Thanks; Amazon changed their policy since last I tried to order N95s. I have some on the way.

You can also order directly from some manufacturers in the US. There was an article in the NY Times a few months ago. I bought some from a company called Demetech.

Not a Sunday but doing the bagdrag out today. Loads on the 7 & 9 am ferry were light and no lines. Went to the pier at 8:30 and they loaded about 8:45. Got to Playa by 9:45 and had a van arranged thru @cvchief 's van guy and was at the airport terminal 3 @ 10:35.
Loads and crowds are much lighter than earlier this summer (school is in session and it's hurricane season).
Weather has been excellent this weekend:D

I arrived in Cancun on Sunday, September 5, early afternoon. Cleared Immigration/picked up luggage/cleared Customs and exited Terminal 4 at about 1 p.m. Had to wait for my private transfer, but he dropped me off close to the PDC Port at about 2:30 p.m. The earliest ferry to Coz was at 5 p.m. I bought my ticket immediately, entered the port building and picked a seat very close to boarding point. Within the next 2+ hours the place was jammed with people, all lined up in a zig-zag pattern. At least I had a seat, and was at the very front. Forgot to note when the next ferry was scheduled, but I seem to remember 10:00 p.m. being advertised.

I was amazed at how fast it was to clear Immigration. Waited a bit for luggage. Customs was loose-goosey--no one asked for my Customs Declaration or Covid 19 Health Declaration.
Brownie
Who did you use for your private ride? Also how much was it?

Brownie
Who did you use for your private ride? Also how much was it?
Jose Hernandez Rivera, of American Transfers Cancun (highly recommended by a Scubaboard member). If you google this, I think you can track down his email address. His cell #52 998 201 1720. I paid in pesos, about $50 U.S. one-way. It was quite a large vehicle that could handle multiple travellers and luggage.

For the record a lot has changed since this thread was originally started. Both ferries are now running daily, with a ferry departing every hour. Even though I live in Cozumel, I have a second businessin Playa del Carmen which forces me to cross on the regular. There are no more long lines waiting to cross. I walk up at 15 minutes to the hour, purchase my ticket, and soon thereafter we are departing. Ferries seem to be half full. I cross on the 8am from Coz (lots of golfers), and the 5pm back to Coz. Zero issues.

Back
Top Bottom