Bag Drag on a Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone done the bag drag on a Sunday lately? Is there still a long wait time for ferry tickets?

Flying directly to Coz isn’t feasible this trip for several reasons, which are not cost related. Darn you Delta for discontinuing your flights into CZM.

Anyone done the bag drag on a Sunday lately? Is there still a long wait time for ferry tickets?

Flying directly to Coz isn’t feasible this trip for several reasons, which are not cost related. Darn you Delta for discontinuing your flights into CZM.
I arrived in Cancun on Sunday, September 5, early afternoon. Cleared Immigration/picked up luggage/cleared Customs and exited Terminal 4 at about 1 p.m. Had to wait for my private transfer, but he dropped me off close to the PDC Port at about 2:30 p.m. The earliest ferry to Coz was at 5 p.m. I bought my ticket immediately, entered the port building and picked a seat very close to boarding point. Within the next 2+ hours the place was jammed with people, all lined up in a zig-zag pattern. At least I had a seat, and was at the very front. Forgot to note when the next ferry was scheduled, but I seem to remember 10:00 p.m. being advertised.

I was amazed at how fast it was to clear Immigration. Waited a bit for luggage. Customs was loose-goosey--no one asked for my Customs Declaration or Covid 19 Health Declaration.

Yup.

Delta drove me away from Cozumel this year. Good news is that Bonaire is safe and beautiful.

I arrived in Cancun on Sunday, September 5, early afternoon. Cleared Immigration/picked up luggage/cleared Customs and exited Terminal 4 at about 1 p.m. Had to wait for my private transfer, but he dropped me off close to the PDC Port at about 2:30 p.m. The earliest ferry to Coz was at 5 p.m. I bought my ticket immediately, entered the port building and picked a seat very close to boarding point. Within the next 2+ hours the place was jammed with people, all lined up in a zig-zag pattern. At least I had a seat, and was at the very front. Forgot to note when the next ferry was scheduled, but I seem to remember 10:00 p.m. being advertised.

I was amazed at how fast it was to clear Immigration. Waited a bit for luggage. Customs was loose-goosey--no one asked for my Customs Declaration or Covid 19 Health Declaration.

Ugh. Your experience at the ferry, the wait and crowd, is exactly what I was not wanting to hear. Did you come back Coz to Playa on a Sunday? If so, was the experience similar? I’m now thinking of flying into CZM but doing bag drag home with 2 different airlines.

1. Ugh. Your experience at the ferry, the wait and crowd, is exactly what I was not wanting to hear. Did you come back Coz to Playa on a Sunday? If so, was the experience similar? I’m now thinking of flying into CZM but doing bag drag home with 2 different airlines.

I am still in Coz, due to take the ferry on Sunday, September 19.

I purchased N95 masks prior to leaving home. At least I felt "protected"; these masks are highly recommended for travel and exposure to large gatherings of people.

Direct flights to Coz are seasonal from my home city. And flying to Coz via a U.S. travel hub is circuitous (long connection times, multiple connections, increased exposure to more people).

1. I am still in Coz, due to take the ferry on Sunday, September 19.

I purchased N95 masks prior to leaving home. At least I felt "protected"; these masks are highly recommended for travel and exposure to large gatherings of people.

Direct flights to Coz are seasonal from my home city. And flying to Coz via a U.S. travel hub is circuitous (long connection times, multiple connections, increased exposure to more people).

Oh I just went back and looked at your arrival date. Apparently I don’t even realize what date we’re on now. Thanks for the info.

Buy your ferry ticket in advance online and skip the ticket buying line. Just make sure you are buying from the correct ferry company! They alternate days.

Where did you get them? I got KN95 masks on Amazon but they would not sell me N95s
I ordered them online through Amazon. Made certain they were NIOSH-compliant.

I ordered them online through Amazon. Made certain they were NIOSH-compliant.
Thanks; Amazon changed their policy since last I tried to order N95s. I have some on the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom