Backup light placement help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Izu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got the Intova 3.5w led backup light and am trying to stealth mount it into my BP/W. Had originally planned on clipping to top chest harness D ring with a loop of innertube at the bottom to the harness but there just isnt enough room and it bangs my slung pony. Hate danglies but want it on me always. Am planning a visit to the local police outfitters looking for a nylon/velcro holster that I can either mount on the chest or waist harness or perhaps bolt to the side of my BP. Dive primarily warm water so pockets not desired. Placement/mount advise appreciated.
Thanks.

Why don't you mount it on the side away from the pony?

I'm only 5'4", but I manage to have room for a Scout or a Photon Torpedo on my harness -- I can't imagine something much longer than they are.

Just got the Intova 3.5w led backup light and am trying to stealth mount it into my BP/W. Had originally planned on clipping to top chest harness D ring with a loop of innertube at the bottom to the harness but there just isnt enough room and it bangs my slung pony. Hate danglies but want it on me always. Am planning a visit to the local police outfitters looking for a nylon/velcro holster that I can either mount on the chest or waist harness or perhaps bolt to the side of my BP. Dive primarily warm water so pockets not desired. Placement/mount advise appreciated.
Thanks.

Chest D ring then inner tube it off really works best. They end up under your arm pit not really sure how this can interfere with slung bottles. I carried three bottles on my left side last night and no issues hitting my light. I would say maybe your slung bottle is on wrong.

Sounds like your D-Rings are too low and / or you're bottle is slung too tight (maybe too high is the right way to put it).

greatly appreciate a link or a pic of someones light clipped/tubed off on the harness. thanks.

greatly appreciate a link or a pic of someones light clipped/tubed off on the harness. thanks.

I use 2 scouts, one in each side and don't have any problem with banging on stages, maybe your backup is not close to the harness, the loop may be too high, letting the light hanging, which could make it bang on the stage.

Below how the light is supposed to be placed.

Attachments

• backup light.jpg
    backup light.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 92
That is slick as snot. Thanks for posting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom