First BP/W for me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be a shortcoming of the website but it is still not appropriate. I'm pretty sure in Canada it is illegal for a company to advertise one price for an out of stock item and then charge a higher price when they get it in stock.
Good thing they aren’t in Canada then lol

... just how much effort is it worth to fix a website when you’re a small company and you’re having a hard time keeping anything in stock cuz they’re selling like hot cakes?

It really isn't that hard to replace the bogus price with "out of stock" in equally large font, and the product page will still be in search engine indexes etc. Of course it that site was made in some in cloud-framework-du-jour in Ukraine and is supported from Bangalore, you can pretty much forget it.

I'm really not liking the way Deep 6 operates; leaving incorrect prices on line for months, only to jack the price up when the stock comes in.

The direct product page is left up for SEO reasons (Google indexes websites, so we can't have broken links). I thought the package was removed from visibility, as that is my usual process when some of the components go out of stock. I apologize for this, and have tried a workaround to rectify the situation. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

This is a function of Magento 2 and creating 'bundled products'. The total of the 'package' is calculated from the minimum price of in stock items. Unfortunately even though a wing is required, when both sizes are out of stock it doesn't include them in the price calculation for example.

It is a core function of Magento and how it works unfortunately. I have made the suggestion that they change this to include the minimum price of required items for a package, but we haven't gotten there yet.

I might suggest that others please email Magento as well in reference to this 'bundled product' problem. It may help us get there faster.

I think Deep 6 should abandon their bait and switch pricing for their BP/W package. The "package" is, indeed, accessible from the home page.

It isn't bait and switch, honestly, there is no nefarious intent here. See above. My apologies.

It may be a shortcoming of the website but it is still not appropriate.

Magento is used on a significant proportion of eCommerce sites out there (I believe still the majority with some major companies on board as well). It is a known issue. Hopefully they will resolve this in a future release. I have tried a new solution workaround to 'fix' the displayed price. Hope this helps clear things up. Sorry guys!

It really isn't that hard to replace the bogus price with "out of stock" in equally large font, and the product page will still be in search engine indexes etc. Of course it that site was made in some in cloud-framework-du-jour in Ukraine and is supported from Bangalore, you can pretty much forget it.

Lol. Yeah I tried that once before and then got tons of messages and emails including more business lessons like I "must always display the product with a price, or remove it all together." I had been opting for the remove it all together, but seems one slipped past. I have now gone with some price manipulation on the product page to reflect the true minimum. However when wings go back in stock its going to suddenly jump a lot above the actual price, and I am sure I will get another post here about it. :)

Actually the framework is Magento, with some heavy modifications for our specific needs. Supported from Fort Lauderdale (myself), with some help from Texas (thanks Bill!).

Good thing they aren’t in Canada then lol

Sssshhhhh! Thats Chris's homeland!

Again, thanks for the update guys, I have hopefully fixed it.

Cheers,
Landon

Lol. Yeah I tried that once before and then got tons of messages and emails including more business lessons like I "must always display the product with a price, or remove it all together."

:D Amazon seems to have told that particular business teacher to go pound dirt and look what happened to them.

Back
Top Bottom