Aussie Diving July 1-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take my hat off to you Sas, and to Margaret and Brett for diving 9C in a wettie. That is gutsy, or is it crazy :hm: not sure which.

Brett and I did 1.5hrs and I was cold at the end in my drysuit! I have to say, for the first time in my life I am enjoying winter, I am loving getting out there in the cold water in my drysuit. Really interesting site, can't wait to do it again.

I take my hat off to you Sas, and to Margaret and Brett for diving 9C in a wettie. That is gutsy, or is it crazy :hm: not sure which.

:rofl3: Probably a bit of both. I hope to avoid diving wet again this winter I have to say.

Brett and I did 1.5hrs and I was cold at the end in my drysuit! I have to say, for the first time in my life I am enjoying winter, I am loving getting out there in the cold water in my drysuit. Really interesting site, can't wait to do it again.

Where did you guys end up? Did you find the old sea baths?

Where did you guys end up? Did you find the old sea baths?

I don't really know, got totally turned around, I don't think we went very far. (Super nav skills!! :thumb:) But yeah, we found them.

I don't really know, got totally turned around, I don't think we went very far. (Super nav skills!! :thumb:) But yeah, we found them.

Hehe. Yea the first time I had to do this site on my own, I didn't go far enough. (Brett was on that dive actually too) Even last night I was swimming along and felt like I had travelled for ages and was nearly about to give up when I found them. :) There is also a lot of reef to the East of the baths too if you get bored with diving the sea baths. I would love to do the baths during the day time one day though, but haven't got around to it yet.

I'm headed up to Whyalla for the cuttlefish over the weekend. If last season as anything to go by, It's going to be great, but cold!

I would love to do the baths during the day time one day though, but haven't got around to it yet.

Yep, I'll be in that. I'd love to catch up with that grumpy old fisherman again.

"F*&#ing scuba divers, there goes the garfish, F*&#ing F*&# Bl**dy grumble grumble"

I was trying so hard not to laugh!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I was fully expecting to come back and find a rock through my window or tyres slashed.

Yep, I'll be in that. I'd love to catch up with that grumpy old fisherman again.

"F*&#ing scuba divers, there goes the garfish, F*&#ing F*&# Bl**dy grumble grumble"

I was trying so hard not to laugh!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I was fully expecting to come back and find a rock through my window or tyres slashed.

:rofl3: So THAT's what he was saying! I couldn't hear through my two hoods :) I presumed he was not happy and yes, I was worried about the cars too!

We were miles from him anyway! If I had been closer to him I would have had words... Happened once at Mornington and we called the police on this guy after my attempts to reason with him failed.

I do not get why some fishermen fail to grasp the fact that if we scared away all the fish there'd be no point in diving! They should complain about jetskis and boats instead, as when they go past the fish zoom away from what I have seen.

sproket:
I'm headed up to Whyalla for the cuttlefish over the weekend. If last season as anything to go by, It's going to be great, but cold!

Sounds great! Have a good trip :) If you get any photos post them here!

What stunning shots you guys are making me so jealous... I gotta find somewhere to to dive where the viz is more than 5 M!

What stunning shots you guys are making me so jealous... I gotta find somewhere to to dive where the viz is more than 5 M!

Come down for a weekender, we're only just down the road. (I'm guessing you live in the 2nd best city in Oz. :D)

edit: Your location says "Sydney", shoulda checked that first! So, yep 2nd best city!

Last edited:
Yep ... great pics everyone ... going to have to make an effort to get to ningaloo when the economy picks up Gudge and Alcina make it look and sound Awesome!!!!!!!!

2nd best city eh ... wonder what number 1 is????? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom