Aussie Diving 1 to 15 December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hehe ok 'parking lot' :)

We are going to try to meet up and dive again on the 19th. Ogre likes drift diving so hopefully a drift dive!

Hey, thanks everyone. The cake was a really nice surprise (and a REALLY nice cake too!!) Sas asked me how old I was and I said "36, I think". I don't think she believed me when I said that when you get to 30 you kinda lose interest!

It was great to meet another scubaboarder from a far away land. Hopefully we'll catch up again on the 19th.

BOP, what do you mean with "accent"? I don't know what you're talking ABOWT!! :rofl3:

What do we (Aussie's) call Canadians anyway? I mean we call the British - Poms, Americans - Yanks, New Zealanders - Kiwis (when we're being nice! :wink:)...what do we call the Canadians?

Happy anniversary to BOP & Fish, it was mine last week too.

Canadians are called... Canucks... or in some circles Crazy Canucks... as long as they aren't called Americans.:duck:. you can get away with calling us pretty well anything:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hey, thanks everyone. The cake was a really nice surprise (and a REALLY nice cake too!!) Sas asked me how old I was and I said "36, I think". I don't think she believed me when I said that when you get to 30 you kinda lose interest!

It was great to meet another scubaboarder from a far away land. Hopefully we'll catch up again on the 19th.

BOP, what do you mean with "accent"? I don't know what you're talking ABOWT!! :rofl3:

What do we (Aussie's) call Canadians anyway? I mean we call the British - Poms, Americans - Yanks, New Zealanders - Kiwis (when we're being nice! :wink:)...what do we call the Canadians?

Happy anniversary to BOP & Fish, it was mine last week too.

Congrats.... now I know what the beer is about :eyebrow:

Come to IVTR and you will meet more SB'ers from The Great White North

Had a couple of dives around the Palm islands out from TOWNSVILLE the last couple of days, vis only a few meters but surprising lots and lots of this type of Nudi. So thick that even i had no trouble locating plenty nof them, not the most spectacular variaty but still pretty. Thanks Allianz Insurance or new camera, 60mm lens etc, etc..now watch my premiuns go up!!

I'll take a picture of the lions the next time I go across the bridge and send it you bowlofpetunias.

Canadians will tolerate anything except being called Americans...no offence to my southern neighbours, but we really like being different :wink:

I cant wait to get wet again...just itching for the 19th.

Hopefully I have a suit to wear :wink: someone might have claimed it by now.

U/O

I'll take a picture of the lions the next time I go across the bridge and send it you bowlofpetunias.

Canadians will tolerate anything except being called Americans...no offence to my southern neighbours, but we really like being different :wink:

I cant wait to get wet again...just itching for the 19th.

Hopefully I have a suit to wear :wink: someone might have claimed it by now.

U/O

:rofl3::rofl3:s'trewth:rofl3::rofl3: Canadians are happy to enjoy a joke even if the joke is on us:rofl3::rofl3: just as long as it is recognized that we are not one of the United States :rofl3:.. We actually like Americans... just don't want to be Americans:duck: National pride and all that stuff:D

I dragged Fish across that Bridge and Stanley Park to overlook the Lions.. *sigh* next trip I take to Canada I am going to have to spend some time there instead of just connecting through. I think my next trip is going to have to be a long one.

We did a dive today Haven't sorted through all the pics but this one is a good representative for the dive. I spent a fair bit of time just hanging by this cleaning station

430-452-C.jpg

We had two great dives today. The first was in Lighthouse Bay and the water was clear but a tad chilly at 24°C wearing only a Sharkskin so we moved back inside Exmouth Gulf to Bundegi Reef for the second dive. The water was a lot warmer here at 26°C but a lot dirtier as we caught the end of the outgoing tide. In one way this was good as the soft corals were out and feeding. I'm stil going through my shots but here's my four favourites so far (I was using the Tokina 10-17 fisheye lens):

739459314_HDrek-M.jpg

739459348_hbd6x-M.jpg

739459368_v8hD5-L.jpg

739459284_UFXn4-L.jpg

Great shots Gudge :)

We were commenting on saturday that the water was finally warming up ... 22°C Sat and 20°C Sun, time we put away the 3mm and into the sharkskins.

Well as promised, I found a better computer...a couple of pictures from the night dive I did with Sas!

U/O

Attachments

• IMG 2.jpg
    IMG 2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG 3.jpg
    IMG 3.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 25
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom