Aussie Diving 1 to 15 December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realise that we are probably using different regs, but the only time I'v ever seen a reg that wouldn't shut down when the pressure inside the 2nd stage was increased, either by venturi control or shoving a thumb in the orifice, the valve spindle (air barrel) was installed back to front.

I'm not saying this will be your problem, just that supposed expert reg techs often get it amazingly wrong.

I realise that we are probably using different regs, but the only time I'v ever seen a reg that wouldn't shut down when the pressure inside the 2nd stage was increased, either by venturi control or shoving a thumb in the orifice, the valve spindle (air barrel) was installed back to front.

I'm not saying this will be your problem, just that supposed expert reg techs often get it amazingly wrong.

Oh yes fair enough. Sorry, I don't know much about regulators - mine is an MK11 first stage, and the second stage that seems to freeflow more easily now is a S555. When I got my regs serviced he said it would be more sensitive now and to bring it back if I didn't like it but haven't really done so yet. Me and my buddy were practicing buddy breathing the other night actually, and we had to use his reg instead as mine would freeflow *every* time we swapped. With mine it's not too bad if I keep it pointed down or stick my thumb in it but still would be better fixed. I've noticed too, in the last half a dozen dives or so, it is leaking water into my mouth when I'm upside down... never had that problem before.

I'm by no means an expert myself. I use Apeks regs, I'v no idea about the mechanics of an SP 2nd stage. If however, increasing the pressure inside the body of your 2nd stage won't shut down a free flow, I'd be looking for something other than the sensitivity of the tune.

I got out for a night dive last night and was joined by a Canadian SB'er Underwater Ogre :) Anyway, unfortunately conditions weren't the best for a dive (visibility wasn't great and not a huge amount of critters) but I still had a lot of fun, and it's always great to meet new people to dive with. :) We saw a stingray, lots of leatherjackets, cardinalfish, one solitary nudi (up until recently the site was covered with them!), and some pretty anemones. We did about 85mins and it was a nice warm 20.8C so probably a shock to Og's system after Canada, given the stories I've heard from both him and bowlofpetunias!

After the dive it was burna's birthday last week so we surprised him with cake and streamers and also a big badge saying 'Birthday Boy!' :rofl3: to celebrate.

Wow that is quality.. Canadian, ScubaBoard member and got to dive with Sas:flowers:.. are you sending him our way? PUllleeeese... I am dying to hear a Canadian accent:bounce:

Happy birthday Burna!
Birthdaydolphin.jpg

Accent? What accent? :wink:

Thanks again to Sas and her great friends. Happy Birthday Burna!!
I had an awesome time.
Almost passed out walking down to the beach from the "carpark" <-----notice the use of Australian term. Its was also the first time I have dived for 85 minutes without a hood. Saw a few critters and got a kick out of Sas trying to get use to the Force Fins. Thanks again...cant wait until the 19th diving!

Dont worry bowlofpetunias, I will make it north next year!

I will post some pictures when I can get to a bit better of a computer.

U/O

Hahah what do you call carparks in Canada?? :) Yea I felt a bit bad for you in the drysuit on the walk down to the beach, was worried you'd pass out before getting there :p but I'm sure in the water was refreshing after that.

Anyway thanks for the dives Ogre and also the loan of the Force Fins, they were fun to try out.

I'll get onto organising some dives for the 19th ^^

Accent? What accent? :wink:

Thanks again to Sas and her great friends. Happy Birthday Burna!!
I had an awesome time.
Almost passed out walking down to the beach from the "carpark" <-----notice the use of Australian term. Its was also the first time I have dived for 85 minutes without a hood. Saw a few critters and got a kick out of Sas trying to get use to the Force Fins. Thanks again...cant wait until the 19th diving!

Dont worry bowlofpetunias, I will make it north next year!

I will post some pictures when I can get to a bit better of a computer.

U/O

That would be great.. and maybe a picture of The Lions when you get home *sigh*... ummmm why are you waiting to the 19th? where will you be diving then?

Hahah what do you call carparks in Canada?? :) Yea I felt a bit bad for you in the drysuit on the walk down to the beach, was worried you'd pass out before getting there :p but I'm sure in the water was refreshing after that.

Anyway thanks for the dives Ogre and also the loan of the Force Fins, they were fun to try out.

I'll get onto organising some dives for the 19th ^^

Parking lot of course Vancouver is the only city in the world that holds a candle To Sydney for beauty, harbour, variety of options of activities and geographic feature.. that is my story and I am sticking with it:admingreet:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom