Aussie Diving 1 to 15 December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gudge and roby jeff I think we are a bit behind you guys on quality of cameras... here is Fish's camera

Attachments

• DSC00086 (Large).JPG
    DSC00086 (Large).JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00085 (Large).JPG
    DSC00085 (Large).JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00084 (Large).JPG
    DSC00084 (Large).JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00083 (Large).JPG
    DSC00083 (Large).JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 44
Mine is much better tho see..... :giggle: but it is compact

Attachments

• DSC00088 (Large).JPG
    DSC00088 (Large).JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00090 (Large).JPG
    DSC00090 (Large).JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00091 (Large).JPG
    DSC00091 (Large).JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00092 (Large).JPG
    DSC00092 (Large).JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 26
Your web shows it as 17mm??? Can't say i have got anything like that using my 10 - 17mm fisheye.
The fact that I was using the 10-17 on a 1.4X teleconverter doesn't get picked up in the metadata. So it was actually a 24mm fisheye lens I was using. This combination gives you nearly 1:2 magnification on the surface of the dome port with heaps more depth of field than a macro lens. However, getting the lighting right is the hard bit, much more difficult than a macro lens.

And my annoying yellow hose. :rofl3: Actually a few people have complained that the hose is really floaty but this is the first time I had trouble with it, when I was switched to the stage. I left it around my neck for a bit but my reg needs adjusting as it keeps freeflowing when it is not in my mouth and in that position for some reason...

And my annoying yellow hose. :rofl3: Actually a few people have complained that the hose is really floaty but this is the first time I had trouble with it, when I was switched to the stage. I left it around my neck for a bit but my reg needs adjusting as it keeps freeflowing when it is not in my mouth and in that position for some reason...

Can't say I've ever noticed the hose, I hope it's not too annoying 'cause I've ordered one just like it! :(

What size stage were you using, looked pretty big.

Yea well I think it's not usually a problem, will stow it a different way next time.

Yea I was using an AL80 I think, next time I will go a smaller stage. We planned long runtimes so I thought 'more air can't hurt' but I came back with 100bar in the stage, 90bar in one tank and 70bar in the other... So AL40 next time :wink: When it got to 100bar too, it went vertical and sat really badly, also the swell made it a bit more awkward to manouver with the bigger stage.

Does your reg have a venturi control? If so, do you set it to the pre dive position prior to stowing the reg?

Does your reg have a venturi control? If so, do you set it to the pre dive position prior to stowing the reg.

Yes it does, and I had it set to 'pre-dive' but ever since the last service it's seemed a bit sensitive and freeflows more easily... Going to have it adjusted again. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom