Aussie Diving - 1 to 15 October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha well I got an iPhone. Also where are you? I'm at mornington waiting for mike. Flat and awesome (well for mornington...) viz! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha well I got an iPhone. Also where are you? I'm at mornington waiting for mike. Flat and awesome (well for mornington...) viz! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

PADI may make that a specialty also .... have a good dive Sas

hey burna ... is that another PADI speciality :rofl2:
Yeah. I'm going for "Master Fossicker" :D

Posted via Mobile Device

Well, it was raining. I didn't want to get wet!
Your pics look good, viz must've been alright.

TBH. I worry about swimming in the soup that pours out of the storm water drains whe it rains.

PADI may make that a specialty also .... have a good dive Sas

They have a speciality for everything so I am sure they do :wink:

Burna, stop reading at this point... :wink:

Yea the dive was awesome. We did 100mins at Mornington Pier - it's now 13C so I can cope with longer dives :) The viz was an exceptional 8m (for Mornington this is very rare), and we had flat, calm seas. The fishermen were friendly too tonight (I've had to call the cops before at this pier because of fishermen!) and we brought back a squid jig + some sinkers for them. There were tonnes of calamari (the most I've seen on a dive and the fishermen were catching one after the other), lots of octopuses and I had a few rare finds including a cardinalfish with eggs in its mouth, a goblinfish and a Southern crested weedfish.

Mornington Pier - moon was out which was nice!
3986774229_69b9f8fc76.jpg

Pregnant cardinalfish - I thought it was sick at first but someone told me this is how they carry their eggs
3986766587_687428a0ec.jpg

One of many calamari
3987516352_b6fd0bbcca.jpg

Goblinfish - told this is a rare find
3987509818_1a9a61f9e7.jpg

The happiest fish around
3987509316_4884788cde.jpg

Another rare find for me - Southern crested weedfish
3986761453_67c36ddfc2.jpg

This is one of the best dives I've had for a while in Melbourne. Unfortunately it was one of my buddy's worst dives as he was trying out Paul's BP/W. The harness didn't fit (Paul has a comfort harness not a Hog one like mine so it is much more fiddly to fix) and he was underweighted so he was very unstable. He's decided to get one like mine now :wink: I had to swim out in front of him because he was being so unco! (very unusual for Michael) Too bad I didn't get it on video as black mail :rofl3:

Yeah. I'm going for "Master Fossicker" :D

Well, it was raining. I didn't want to get wet!
Your pics look good, viz must've been alright.

Well it wasn't raining when we got there (it was bucketing down on the drive and I was thinking 'uh oh'. It rained when we were under the water but not after we got out, so worked out well :)

TBH. I worry about swimming in the soup that pours out of the storm water drains whe it rains.

Fair enough. I personally find my third arm and my glow in the dark skin very handy.

:D:D

8m!! That is awesome.

Yep, topped only by one dive there were it was 10m but that was in the day time. It did silt up very easily though, as normal for Mornington near the start of the pier.

… went to Sydney last week for some diving. grump …. weather was crap. grump, grump …. couldn't get out Saturday, grump .. or Sunday … grump, grump … got out on Monday! nice morning, seas' weren't bad! viz. was crap, grump, grump, grump….

Just looked at the weather report for the mid Nth. coast on the weekend, ......grump, grump, grump.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom