Aussie Diving 1 to 15 April, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weather in far North WQueensland has been lousy although once in the water its a warm 25C. Here's a few picks from Wheeler and Bowl reefs out from Townsville over easter. Vis was 15me, had a dive around the palm islands closer to the coast and vis was only 3 meters so really couldn't see much there and photoghraphed even less.
I finally got a Christmas tree worm pic, they are pretty shy and usually pop their heads or more accurately tentacles in before i nget a happy snap.

attach]74748[/attach] 2010-03-31 012 copyAAshkf.jpg

Attachments

• 2010-04-02 182AAshkf.jpg
    2010-04-02 182AAshkf.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2010-03-31 093AAshkf.jpg
    2010-03-31 093AAshkf.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2010-04-03 007ASHKn.jpg
    2010-04-03 007ASHKn.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 39
Wow love the diver silhouette one! :)

For my first time posting in the Aussie Diving thread I thought I'd post the results from my first 2 attempts at underwater photography..

First 3 are from a dive last week on Flinder's Reef off the north end of Moreton Island. Good conditions for my first time underwater with a camera - reasonable vis, very little surge or current.

Next 3 are from earlier this week on Cook Island, just off the coast on the boarder of Queensland and New South Wales. Conditions not so great on this dive with muck in the water and surge to contend with, also had problems with some of the controls on my camera, but still a few shots I'm happy with.

Lovely shots thanks for sharing and welcome to the Aussie diving thread!:happywave: Hope to see more of you around here.

What kind of camera setup are you using?

Thanks for the warm welcome bowlofpetunias, I have lurked here occasionally and have always been intrigued by all the different diving happening around the country. Will be sure to come back often.

I'm using a Canon S90 in an Ikelite housing, using the internal flash for now, although I think I've already got the photography bug and am looking at making an off-camera strobe my next diving purchase.

Happy diving!

You are most welcome Joti

I am diving vicariously through the Aussie Diving threads and HitchHiker III while i am visiting family in Canada and trying to survive a forced long dry spell. I appreciate all the pictures at any time but even more right now... Keep em coming everyone!

You are most welcome Joti

I am diving vicariously through the Aussie Diving threads and HitchHiker III while i am visiting family in Canada and trying to survive a forced long dry spell. I appreciate all the pictures at any time but even more right now... Keep em coming everyone!

Get On the ferry and head over to the island...we can take care of that dry spell...its a beautiful weekend to dive!

Get On the ferry and head over to the island...we can take care of that dry spell...its a beautiful weekend to dive!

Unfortunately I am in PG so the ferry is a little far away. My other problem is I picked up a bug on my way here so even if I had a dive site close enough.. I am not medicaly fit to dive right now:crying2: I would love to get to dive with you. The only Dive I have ever don in Canada was on the Island back in 99.

I do hope to get another dive in here before I leave. A bunch of us are meeting in Calif to dive the beginning of June on my way home ... you could join us... *hint hint*

Hi! How have you been?? Petunia is over your way at the moment actually :)

Yep, when you get back you *have* to dive Phillip Island!

Looks like you have been diving like a demon!

I have been great...working like a dog, with little or no time to dive. I have been trying to change that very soon.

Phillip Island...twist my rubber arm!:D See you in December...

Looks like you have been diving like a demon!

I have been great...working like a dog, with little or no time to dive. I have been trying to change that very soon.

Phillip Island...twist my rubber arm!:D See you in December...

:admingreet: what about us in Sydney.. we have some good dives and WARMER water too:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom