August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

see post # 348. I don't have a camera, so I couldn't take a pic..sorry..and I realize because there is no pic I will probably never find out what is was. Didn't hurt to ask..after all I did find out what the pile of acorn worm poop was all about. :) BTW I'm seeing more and more poop piles now that I'm aware they exist.
The Quote function confuses so many members. :shakehead:
Got another question..found a semi-transparent 5-6" round shaped thingy under a ledge. Looked like a big jellyfish at first but had a smooth surface without any appendages , it sorta looked like a big embryo. Was afraid to touch it because wth my luck it could have been whale poop or something. :) Didn't get a pic of it to show, but wonder if anyone else has seen something similar and might know what I'm trying to discribe ??
You're kidding about touching things, right?

Sounds like a egg batch, or moon jelly, or whale snot. :idk:

So anyway, that is what she was referencing...

Pidge, da queen of poo :chuckle:

I'm in competition with Dive Kat for the "Queen" of something. She's the "queen" of the December list which is definitely a better title than "queen" of poo :)

Now I am feeling a wee bit silly again as I see there is talk of United pilot strike and Tropical Storm Ernesto and I just finished booking late last night.

Hopefully, it will all work out and I will get a chance to meet some new friends in Cozumel!

I win the Silly Award. I forgot to use the discount code when I booked our trip on Orbitz.. and then found a much better deal on Sabor.. shhhhh don't tell my DH.. :blush: I was too excited about getting back to Coz!

The Quote function confuses so many members. :shakehead:

You're kidding about touching things, right?

Sounds like a egg batch, or moon jelly, or whale snot. :idk:

So anyway, that is what she was referencing...

Nope-not kidding..I really did play in the acorn worm poop..but not the whale snot. Guess I need my hand smacked for destroying that worm's poop pile :( Does this mean I'm ban from the reefs forever? I hope not because it sure wasn't worth it since I didn't even get to see the little purple worm.

I'm in competition with Dive Kat for the "Queen" of something. She's the "queen" of the December list which is definitely a better title than "queen" of poo :)

But Pidge, at least you could almost bet that your title would never be challenged and that it would be yours forever ..... something very special about that...."All Hail Queen Pidgiepoo ":worship:

But Pidge, at least you could almost bet that your title would never be challenged and that it would be yours forever ..... something very special about that...."All Hail Queen Pidgiepoo ":worship:

amazing how the name I picked years ago fits now :) I originally liked it because of Winnie da Pooh..but now I like it because of Acorn da Poo.:rofl3:

As a famous frog (not Senor!) once said, "it's not that easy being green". I'm back home and out of the water, but what fantastic dives and a great time on the island! It was a pleasure diving with Basscat, Sue Sue & Michael and some other fine divers for a few days each, and as Pidge (or is it Acorn now?) said, the reefs are in great shape. Markedly fewer lionfish than 18 months ago, and more big grouper, nurse sharks and turtles than I've even seen there before. Long, leisurely dives with BlueXTSea including a personal record 89 minute dive (AL80) on Columbia Shallows and my first dive through the Devil's Throat, and Pedro found an astonishing 5 seahorses, 3 pipehorses and many splendid toadfish during my dives with him (less than half my total dives)! :D:D Time to start planning another trip!

:mostlysunny:
mrcool.gif
The Official August ("It's a Dry Heat") List :cool3:

"Here in Cozumel" Karibelle; Private Residence - :goingdown:
06/06/12 - 08/03/12 hlcdlc; Private Home - Blue XT Sea Diving :consolation:
07/24/12 - 08/03/12 Basscat; Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Blue XT Sea Diving:consolation:
07/27/12 - 08/04/12 Randallr; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Craig 66 & daughter; Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving:consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Coral-Reefer; Private Residence - Blue Project :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/05/12 ChainDiver (Mike and Margo); Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving or Deep Blue ?:consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/06/12 MMM;Private Residence - Living Underwater :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/07/12 Qnape (BD-28), Mrs. Q & dtr Christine; Cozumel Palace -Blue XT Sea Diving :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/18/12 jlyle; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel :goingdown:
07/31/12 - 08/11/12 Pidgiepoo (BD-27) & Husband; Iberostar - Dive with Martin:goingdown:

08/03/12 - 08/10/12 WTFOver; Cozumel Palace - Aldora :goingdown:
08/03/12 - 08/12/12 Sue Sue & Michael (A-19); Villa Escondida -Blue XT Sea Diving :goingdown:
08/05/12 - 08/10/12 Mawg and Mrs. M; Presidente InterContinental-Scuba Du ? :goingdown:
08/08/12 – 08/12/12 gorock; Sabor- ? :goingdown:
08/08/12 - 08/15/12 Kelly and Renee; Iberostar - Dive with Martin :goingdown:[FONT=&amp]
08/09/12 - 08/13/12 weezer; Villa Aldora - Aldora
08/09/12 - 08/26/12 bgda, 5 divers total; Paradise Condos - Dive with Martin
08/11/12 - 08/18/12 Jerry B & 2 other divers; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/11/12 - 08/26/12 azscubadude; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/16/12 - 08/25/12 cvchief, Susanita, Family (15 total); Las Ventanas- Scuba with Alison
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 Merchant; Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 wnctarheel & Mrs.; Reef Club - Dive with Martin ?
08/19/12 - 08/25/12 gasgirl; Blue Angel Resort - Blue Angel
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 prosdog & Son; Blue Angel Resort -Blue Angel Resort
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 DandyDon (BD-22); Hotel Cozumel - Opal’s Dream
08/23/12 – 08/27/12 aliciamlls (aka scubadoNC) (B-25) & John ; El Cozumeleno Resort - Deep Exposure[/FONT]
08/24/12 - 08/31/12 simskiscuba; Allegro Cozumel - Pro Dive or Aldora
08/27/12 - 09/01/12 Keith.M; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/27/12 - 09/02/12 leoconnor and Mr.; Aura -Blue Angel
08/28/12 - 09/08/12 autiger & Husband; El Cantil - Living Underwater
Later in August ? tom_n_tacoma and Mrs. tnt; Private Home - Blue Angel

Meet & Greet !! Come join in on the fun and meet your fellow Cozumel Scubaboard Friends !!
beerchug.gif

Host: Sue Sue Saturday, August 12 6:30 - 8:00
La Choza Avenida 10 between Rosado Salas and 3rd Sur

Welcome to "La Choza" - Best Mexican Food Restaurant at Cozumel.

This is a drop in Meet and Greet. Come for dinner or just stop by for a refreshment and say hello. Ask for Angel the waiter and tell him "Baby and Pelon" sent you !

Tuesday, August 21
Host: cvchief 6:30/7ish
El Moro 75 Bis Norte 124 Entre 4 y 2
El Moro Home Page
The August 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular
birthday.gif
[FONT=&amp]Cocktails and Mole' Tasting[/FONT]

Last edited:
As a famous frog (not Senor!) once said, "it's not that easy being green". I'm back home and out of the water, but what fantastic dives and a great time on the island! It was a pleasure diving with Basscat, Sue Sue & Michael and some other fine divers for a few days each, and as Pidge (or is it Acorn now?) said, the reefs are in great shape. Markedly fewer lionfish than 18 months ago, and more big grouper, nurse sharks and turtles than I've even seen there before. Long, leisurely dives with BlueXTSea including a personal record 89 minute dive (AL80) on Columbia Shallows and my first dive through the Devil's Throat, and Pedro found an astonishing 5 seahorses, 3 pipehorses and many splendid toadfish during my dives with him (less than half my total dives)! :D:D Time to start planning another trip!

9 more sleeps! YEAH, BABY!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom