Attire beneath wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to wear a skin under my suit and still do when I'm wearing my 6-7mil winter neoprene, but for a lightweight suit, trunks will do fine. You want to be able to take off your neoprene after the dive, as it can suck the heat from your body if you're in the wind or overheat you if you're not.

And no matter what FLLDIVER says, I do NOT wear a dive speedo (yet!)

commando,

underwear is deemed as a non-essential piece of equipment, therefore under no circumstance be taken along on any dive, or unnessicary bunching, chafing or loss of circulation could occur causing task loading of the diver and a higher probability of fatal errors.

Furner:
Has anyone tried the underarmor stuff? might give a little extra insulation, but i dont know how it handles water, especially salt water

I currently use the underarmour compression shorts and they work great. No bunching...and a little less revealing than the ole bananna hammocks. So far they have held up quite well diving in both salt and fresh conditions.

I can't stand how trunks bunch up so I wear a pair of thin neoprene shorts--they're tight enough they don't bunch up but aren't as bad as Speedos.

My hubby got some lycra Nike swim shorts to wear under his wet suit. Pretty much like expensive bike shorts with a drawstring up top and maybe a little thicker. When he's out of the wetsuit, he puts on his traditional nylon swim trunks over them for more coverage. The swim trunks are long enough that you can't see the lycra shorts easily and they are both black anyway. If we were roughing it on a dive boat, he would probably give up that extra routine and just wear the lycra shorts :) .

-=* Mikki *=-

I hate when my trunks bunch up!
Bought a pair of Nike nylon bike shorts. My kids get a good laugh at me, but the shorts sure feel better than the trunks.

i wear a thin nylon set of swimtrunks.. drys very quickly and light and airy too!

never had a real problem with riding, but i can't bring myself to wear a speedo though.

I typically wear a pair of nylon shorts and a dive shirt (for lack of a better term -- maybe there's a more appropriate one). My preferred shorts are Nike running shorts since they are thin and dry quickly and have an interior liner. The shirt is great because it helps when putting on the wetsuit and has a high collar to help protect my neck from chafing.

In colder weather, I change the regular shirt for a shirt/hood combination.

Furner:
Has anyone tried the underarmor stuff? might give a little extra insulation, but i dont know how it handles water, especially salt water

I used the underarmor shorts and shirt for about 50 dives in salt water uder my 7mm and it held up fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom