Attire beneath wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having turned 40 I have out grown wearing speedo's. To me there is nothing more disgusting than seeing an old fat man in a pair of speedos, the b-day suit would be better. I tried wearing just trunks, but had problems with them bunching and for me, camando is just not an option. Too many years wearing y-fronts i guess. For me trunks under a dive skin is the best. Wetsuit easier to put on, not much change in bouancy and same thing everyone else has said.

Gary
OW, AOW, Rescue Diver

Furner:
Has anyone tried the underarmor stuff? might give a little extra insulation, but i dont know how it handles water, especially salt water
Nope, but I use something similar. I use a pair of Nike Dri-Fit 'bike shorts'. They.. umm... keep everything in place without looking out of place shall we say :)

They dry off fast also and I haven't had a problem with them in salt water. Much better than a potentially bulky/baggy bathing suit underneath.

i used speedo shorts, they were fine and not as embarrasing as the regular speedos

Speedo for me. Fortunately I discovered the gym and at my advanced old age can still pull off the speedo pose . . . need to work on the tan now.

Wear a pair of speedos or a one piece. Who gives a **** how you look, people can admire your physique or look away as it pleases them. Your there to dive, not model swimwear. I've noticed here in Australia the main guys who wear speedos to the beach are old men who really don't care whether they look good or not, and just want something comfortable and easy to swim in.

A song parody I wrote long long ago in a far off thread: To the tune of "The Battle Hym of the Republic"

Pink Tight Dive Skins...

I wear my pink tight dive skins
In the Summer when it's hot!
I wear my woolen dry suit,
In the Winter, when it's NOT!!!

And sometimes in the Spri-ing time,
And sometimes in the Fall...
I jump right in between the waves with nuthin' on at all!!!

Glory, Glory, Halelueah!
Glory, GLory, what's it to ya???
Balmy currents flowin through ya!
With nuthin' on at all!!!

Of course you can find this and other fine works of art in the Divers song Parodies

LOL ..

Trunks here, though I may go the biker short route sometime.

actually, cyclists have something for changing out of bike shorts, some wear a kilt just for changing in. I think it rates high on the fashion scale, but still don't know that you need to freeball it. I wear a pair of baggy bike short outers, they are made of a boardshort type material but these are shorter and thinner. I also have found that if I wear a t-shirt I am much warmer in my 7mm, because I dive the chilly california north coast brrrr.

Great song, Doc !!!

I usually wear jocks, but now that winter is here its night diving and I don't need to worry about what people will see or think when changing in the carpark, so nothing underneath is the go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom