Attire beneath wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner:
Has anyone tried the underarmor stuff? might give a little extra insulation, but i dont know how it handles water, especially salt water

A friend of mine bought an underarmor shirt. It didn't hold up through a single weekend of diving. The wetsuit just tore it apart.

On the other hand, I bought a rashguard that's held up very well.

I think something like a Henderson hotskin or whatever it's called is the way to go.

Right now, I use regular swim trunks; however, I think I am going to go the "speedo" route. Granted, I don't like the look that speedos give, so I will have my surface shorts handy for when the wetsuit comes off.

I have seen a few people go commando under the wetsuit. On the dive boats, they formed a nice line at the head to have some privacy to change. On shore dives, they do the "wrap the towel around you and pull the the suit under it" dance.

one piece swim suit (woman) and lycra tee shirt (cool water)

Hehe.. I usually wear underwear or if I can find them Speedo's One thing I HAVE tried is wearing a 3mm Shorty under my 7mm Farmer John, I thought. Hey! The more insulation the better! I would Highly recommend against doing that. As boyancy is really thrown off, and its not as warm. I found that the less I have on under the wetsuit, the better the wet suit works.

"Going commando" is, IMHO, the only way to wear a wetsuit. Less bunching, less chaffing, easier to get on/off, and better insulating. Two things though... you need a big towel for the "changing dance", and it really helps if you have a good lining in the suit so you don't "catch" on the rubber.

OTOH, I'd only do this in my own suit... I like a layer of protection in a rental.

1 piece womens speedo-doesn't move around and bunch up

guys on our boat wear the biker short speedos, not long, not emphasizing, but flattering indeed :)

Instead of the "towel dance" I have a "chammyz" hoody, you can get them in all the dive shops around here. They are really long and I throw it on after the dive and I can change anywhere. Here is a link:

http://www.chammyz.com/claspul.html

Eric

MSilvia:
"Going commando" is, IMHO, the only way to wear a wetsuit. Less bunching, less chaffing, easier to get on/off, and better insulating. Two things though... you need a big towel for the "changing dance", and it really helps if you have a good lining in the suit so you don't "catch" on the rubber.

OTOH, I'd only do this in my own suit... I like a layer of protection in a rental.

Yeah, going commando is by far the most comfortable, I think. As for changing out or in.....who cares? Bystanders have eyelids, if somehow they're disturbed by the sight.....

voop:
Yeah, going commando is by far the most comfortable, I think. As for changing out or in.....who cares? Bystanders have eyelids, if somehow they're disturbed by the sight.....

That's less accepted over on this side of the ocean in most places.

I wear trunks/togs but hate them when putting stuff on. They also take forever to dry off and speedo's are on my to-get list.

I wear a half mil skin, 7mm 2-piece, and hooded vest. I find the skin easier to put on due to stretch. It in turn helps the other pieces slide on easier , but a 2-piece is already easy (more than a single) anyway.

Wreck:
That's less accepted over on this side of the ocean in most places.

Mental note to self: always dive dry on Wreck's side of the ocean... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom