Attire beneath wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought some compression shorts from walmart for bout 4 bucks. they seem to work fine. just like boxer briefs but all elastic and no bunching. have lasted through many dives. freshwater only though, we'll see how they fare in Bonaire. :)

Furner:
Should I just wear a plaid 'ol swimsuit under a wetsuit? Or nothing at all? :eyebrow:

I'd avoid plaid altogether, especially with a swimsuit. Just kidding...I just wear trunks...no problems. :wink:

Freeballin it is the only way! If your suit grabs bad pulling it on, try some cheap hair conditioner on your body. The suit slides on and it goes away in the water.

I prefer "freeballin" style...works well for me. The "towel dance" is not to bad. I'm considering getting a large sheet and cutting a big hole in the center and have some elastic sewn in. Any good ideas?

Boat:
I prefer "freeballin" style...works well for me. The "towel dance" is not to bad. I'm considering getting a large sheet and cutting a big hole in the center and have some elastic sewn in. Any good ideas?
You do not cut a big hole in the center. You sew it as a tube and you put an elastic at one end.
30 years ago, when I was a child/teen ager, a lot of people had it in the beach. No more up-to-date here:wink:.

Can I make a plea for the sake of humanity?

Please gentlemen, do not wear thongs. It hurts my eyes and puts me off my mid-dive lunch.

Ladies, on the other hand, please feel free.

spog

Ohhh... don't say that to "El KaThong". He is quite proud of his suit!

I wear something akin to biker shorts, but it's made for Scuba so they get to charge you more. I think it has skins in the name somewhere. Being old, fat and ugly, I have up trying to impress the ladies with my body... however, I could never bring myself to wear a speedo... Something about eye-polution. This at least goes down mid thigh and up to my belly button... unless I do the Urkle thing for a few laughs. :D

Thanks for the visual, Pete :wink:

Btw, you may be thinking of "Aeroskins", which is what I wear, for reasons similar to what you described!!

Mike

That's the name! I have two pair... depends if I want to be mistaken for a whale or a manatee... (manatees NEVER wear yellow). :D

Regular ol' nylon shorts and a "wife beater" shirt(ya know, the white sleaveless redneck beer drinkin one).Our harbour is cooled nicely by the cold waters of the north atlantic. wearing a 2 piece wet with bib pants and a jacket/short combination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom