Attire beneath wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate the bunching I get under the wetsuit with my regular swim shorts. So, speedos are the easiest and most practical. I don't really worry about trying to look like swimsuit model, since I'm not. :wink:

Christian

I used to wear a rash guard and trunks because my old suit would chafe my neck, but with my current suit I just go commando. Less bunching and nicer fit.

headhunter:
So, speedos are the easiest and most practical. I don't really worry about trying to look like swimsuit model, since I'm not. :wink:

My wife doesn't like them but they're perfect for diving.
Besides, they're usually not on display for more than a minute...

I got a pair of Speedo swim shorts and they work great. For my checkout dives, my instructor had to do a silly dance to try and get his suit on commando style, I just wore my shorts with me those days, and I slipped right into my wetsuit. No bunching, and the shorts dry almost instantly when you take the wetsuit off.

Speedo Jammers are my choice. They are about knee length, flattering but not too revealing. A rashguard/surf shirt with it can be all you need if it's warm enough. They dry pretty fast too. You can add a full diveskin if you're diving with things that can scrape you. Or add your favorite wetsuit on top.

I also use the Speedo Jammers. They make getting into & out of the wet suit so much easier & quicker than before. I used to use swimming trunks, but they bunched up quite a bit.

miketsp:
I normally use swim trunks and a lycra skin under my wetsuit. Keeps me warmer and makes the suit much easier to pull on - just slides over.

Same here, fiance and I both use the lycra over a swim suit. Makes it easy to get the wetsuit on and off.

I always use a pair of bike shorts. No problem with bunching, and while I may not be the sexiest beast on the beach, 1)I'm only in em till I can throw on my shorts n a hawaiian shirt, and 2) who cares? They dry fast, they're comfortable, and I haven't noticed a problem with heat exchange. On top of that I generally wear a skin suit and then whatever other suit is necessary for the water I'm diving in. THe skin suit makes getting into the other suit much easier, in my opinion. You just slide right in as opposed to trying to pull the thick neoprene on with it sticking to every bit of exposed flesh. All in all, skin suits rule.

Nate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom