Question Bare arms & legs in Bangka, Bunaken & Lembeh in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second all the reccos for full length leggies...just thin Lycra/spandex one is fine to protect mainly from accidental brushes against hydroids and fire coral. I wear my shorts over the leggings. I once backed a knee into a hydroid colony and had a killer ichy rash for weeks!

Another vote for a minimum of a full suit of Lycra. It packs to about the size of a T shirt and is cheap insurance against sunburn as well as seaborne nasties. I personally go one step more with a dive skin, but if I get back to really warm water, I still have the Lycra.
🐸

I always dive a shorty. Quick to don and doff. Keeps me honest when swimming close to the reef.

@scrane,
30 years ago I discovered the “trilaminate” dive skin. It goes on as easily as a set of long johns and packs to about as small as the size and weight of a pair of jeans. Thermal protection is about equivalent to a 1 or 2mm neoprene suit, but provides very little buoyancy. It proved perfect for year round use in the Bahamas.
My current set is getting pretty tatty so I’m hoping to find a replacement this year, but the company that made my last one is long gone. 😕. I’ve got a like-new Lycra skin and a good neoprene shorty, so I DO have options.
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom