Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will tell you the secret. :crafty: This nickname stems from previous training in skydiving where jumpers who have high # of successful jumps call themselves "Skygods". When LM moved from the sky to the water she brought the old terminology with her.
There is an implied assumption that John has yet to faceplant into the ground while travelling at terminal velocity ...

I will tell you the secret. :crafty: This nickname stems from previous training in skydiving where jumpers who have high # of successful jumps call themselves "Skygods". When LM moved from the sky to the water she brought the old terminology with her.
There is an implied assumption that John has yet to faceplant into the ground while travelling at terminal velocity ...
Well other than my mud dart experience with doubles I suppose that's true...pretty hard to faceplant into the bottom of Lake Travis at terminal velocity I suppose. :D Well, I guess that makes us all Water Gods. Maybe we should change our forum name: Texas Water Gods. I like it!

Melissa is right, a skygod is a very experienced skydiver, not to be all girly and crap but kvalve impressed me from the get go with his diving, and because he cracks me up and I like to give nicknames I dubbed him watergod. As a side note my daughter thinks thats his real nickname and was confused when she found out Kvalve is John.

Melissa is right, a skygod is a very experienced skydiver, not to be all girly and crap but kvalve impressed me from the get go with his diving, and because he cracks me up and I like to give nicknames I dubbed him watergod. As a side note my daughter thinks thats his real nickname and was confused when she found out Kvalve is John.
Oh, I'm sure if we dive together more you'll get your opportunity to NOT be impressed and have something to laugh at. :D

Oh, I'm sure if we dive together more you'll get your opportunity to NOT be impressed and have something to laugh at. :D

Didnt I state somewhere that once someone gets a nickname it doesnt change? You got your nickname so early on that .... ugh..... :D ...yea

Jeesh I am just to funny. Okay so back to the order of business, hows fajitas, queso, red beans and rice sound for saturday dinner? That wasnt a true question, it was more of a "This is what I am making, either look forward to it or eat a ketchup packet" :rofl3:

Is there a food fund I can contribute too somewhere?

Is there a food fund I can contribute too somewhere?

Well thats a good question... I wont take money towards food but if some want to bring some supplies towards this dinner then heres a partial list of what could be brought, just state on here what you want to or can bring so I know what I need to get. I cook for the fun of it, I enjoy feeding large groups of people so its more for that then anything. Remember only saturday dinner and sunday breakfast are provided any snacks and drinks and lunches one must supply themselves.

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Red Onions
Green Peppers
Sour Cream
Plates
Silverware
Cups
Alcohol

This is going to be great, Matts awesome for pulling this all together. I was thinking and wondering, since this isnt a standard site, and the stuff thats in the water is there by accident, whats the legalities of well placing things ourselves? Ive got a metal dimwit sign Id love to place and map out :D

Well thats a good question... I wont take money towards food but if some want to bring some supplies towards this dinner then heres a partial list of what could be brought, just state on here what you want to or can bring so I know what I need to get. I cook for the fun of it, I enjoy feeding large groups of people so its more for that then anything. Remember only saturday dinner and sunday breakfast are provided any snacks and drinks and lunches one must supply themselves.

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Red Onions
Green Peppers
Sour Cream
Plates
Silverware
Cups
Alcohol

This is going to be great, Matts awesome for pulling this all together. I was thinking and wondering, since this isnt a standard site, and the stuff thats in the water is there by accident, whats the legalities of well placing things ourselves? Ive got a metal dimwit sign Id love to place and map out :D

I'll sign up for tomatoes and red onions, and a bag or two of charcoal.

as for placing things in water, I feel that as long as we are not creating a hazard we can put whatever we want there, I have some colored rubber/plastic lizards and things that I plan on distributing to have extra things to find during dives.

Will have finishing touches on dive flag buoy by this weekend and take it out for a test float.

My buddy Tim called and wanted to take the dogs out to the lake this morning, I was putting some finishing touches on the dive flag buoy and we decided to head out to Arkansas Bend to test out flag buoy and let dogs swim, I took snorkel gear to check out vis but left camera at home so didn't get any pictures :(

Vis was great, I could see outlines of ledges 20+ foot down from surface, had clear vis for 8-14 ft. My MKI dive buoy worked great, got noticed by almost every boater entering cove area including jet skiers. I could hear one boater instructing the person at the helm that it was a dive flag and to stay at minimal speed when in area and to stay as far away from it as was possible and reasonable. I saw several others notice it coming into cove and immediately shut it down to slow idle in.

All three of campsites I would like to use next week were open, only 2 other campers at point end campsites. I now need to finish camping checklist before wednesday, wash some DIMWIT t's, and make sure no work interference crops up.

Looking forward to next weeks FEAST, campout, and dives with everybody.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom