Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris and I are interested.
Is this a "More the Merrier" event? I have some non-diving friends who I want to invite also. They'll be surrounded by *cool* divers and be pressured into taking OW! MUHAHAHA . Besides, they have kids and can help with babysitting if they come.
If we choose the weekend of the 2nd then I won't make it out till Sat evening. My new part time job starts that day and I work till 2. No problems, though.
It looks like the 9th and 10th is Maddy and Leia's OW checkout dives.

If I can make it, it'll have to be the weekend of the 9th/10th. I have a big wedding anniversary shindig to attend on the 2nd...a family thing that I would be foolish to miss.

I understood that the girls (and consequently Chris) were doing checkout dives that weekend, although I guess if the girls are the entire class then no huge reason not to do checkout dives at Arkansas bend, but that was why I was thinking 2nd and 3rd. I am up for whatever works for the most peoples.

Maybe chrispete could chime in and help us figure out which way to jump...

The 8/9th has the advantage of giving me another weekend to perfect my ultra dive flag float, although I think I will have it ready this weekend anyway. It will give me two dive flag floats(the ultra with a large dive flag displayed 6-7' off the water) to help warn any boaters of divers in water.

I'm in.

So does this mean its the weekend of the 10th? As long as its okay with Chris? AGHHH this is confusing me lol... either way Ill be there but Im a chick I like to plan and make to do lists and then become harsh with myself when its not exactly by the list lol

I'm booked both weekends. Besides, I think the boss and I are going to wait for cooler weather and maybe go to Pace Bend park. You guys have fun!

I am also scouting spots for a sept camp/dive at pace bend, looking for a nice shore access cove along one of the walls, thinking probably over by old rope swing cove somewheres.

So does this mean its the weekend of the 10th? As long as its okay with Chris? AGHHH this is confusing me lol... either way Ill be there but Im a chick I like to plan and make to do lists and then become harsh with myself when its not exactly by the list lol

Yes, If Chris as the instructor is OK with doing the check out dives there and everyone else concerned is fine with it then that would be great as more could join in. But I can totally see how he may prefer to do the check out dives in a more familiar and controlled area of the lake.

me and rocket are easy to plan around, our requirements are minimal.

Yes, If Chris as the instructor is OK with doing the check out dives there and everyone else concerned is fine with it then that would be great as more could join in. But I can totally see how he may prefer to do the check out dives in a more familiar and controlled area of the lake.

me and rocket are easy to plan around, our requirements are minimal.

Well personally I dont want the check out dives at anything but the "standard" areas for the control and safety issues. unless Chris is completley 100% comfortable with that. I dont think he has dived Arkansas yet. I like knowing Leias on a tight leash and Chris knows Windy and Aquarena by the back of his hand. Were pretty easy to work around as well...I have to dive every weekend for sanity, so if the family wants to see me they will come and camp, if they dont then they know how to stay at home :D

disclaimer so I dont look like a A-hole - Im a stay at home, work at home, year round homeschooling mom to three children , my once a week dive hobby is the only way I am able to avoid painting the walls with REDRUM

I talked to Chris. He says that the girl's OW class will be at Windy Point. He also said that if you all want to camp and drop the girls off at WP while you dive at Arkansas that's ok with him.

What do you want to do?

To expand on Melissa's post: We have conflicts on the 2nd as well so we can only make it out to Ark. Bend on the weekend of the 9th & 10th. The girls can ride with me to Ark. Bend after their OW @ Windy Point if that's OK with LM & John. That way you guys can start diving, making camp, etc. I'll probably make a dive during the long SI once I get to Ark. Bend so I can get a little Rec diving in. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom