Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I am ready to try a night dive at the cove at Arkansas Bend park and am thinking about a Saturday/Sunday thing August the second and third or maybe ninth and tenth. Get out Saturday and set up camp, swim, maybe catch an afternoon dive, follow with a night dive, then burn another tank for a sunday morning dive. Any other DIMWITS interested in some camping/diving?

That sounds like fun to me. We haven't done much camping out with the weather being so darn hot this summer.

What dates are best for y'all? Either weekend will work for my schedule. I have not done any camping this year either, between me and LM talking about it when we dove Arkansas Bend the first time and my boss talking about his families trip to Guadalupe state park last week for four days of camping I am starting to get the 'camping jones':D

And combining it with diving prevents the 'diving jones' :wink:

Chris and I are interested.
Is this a "More the Merrier" event? I have some non-diving friends who I want to invite also. They'll be surrounded by *cool* divers and be pressured into taking OW! MUHAHAHA . Besides, they have kids and can help with babysitting if they come.
If we choose the weekend of the 2nd then I won't make it out till Sat evening. My new part time job starts that day and I work till 2. No problems, though.
It looks like the 9th and 10th is Maddy and Leia's OW checkout dives.

Chris and I are interested.
Is this a "More the Merrier" event? I have some non-diving friends who I want to invite also. They'll be surrounded by *cool* divers and be pressured into taking OW! MUHAHAHA . Besides, they have kids and can help with babysitting if they come.
If we choose the weekend of the 2nd then I won't make it out till Sat evening. My new part time job starts that day and I work till 2. No problems, though.
It looks like the 9th and 10th is Maddy and Leia's OW checkout dives.

Yes it is a more the merrier, kids, dogs and nondivers welcome :)

So sounds like 2nd&3rd would be better for John and LM contingents and works for y'all too?

I probably won't get out there all that early myself on Saturday, not before 10, maybe not till one or after, depending on how well I have my crap together :D

I was considering a 3 or 4 oclock sat afternoon scouting dive followed by an extended SI before night dive. After night dive any real drinking and BS sessions will commence, ending early enough to allow an 8 or 9 oclock morning dive without too much regret :wink:

Unfortunately Foo won't be there to tempt John and I with her magically growing jello shots. :wink: Unless of course she decides to come hang out with us Central Swampers.

Unfortunately Foo won't be there to tempt John and I with her magically growing jello shots. :wink: Unless of course she decides to come hang out with us Central Swampers.

I have heard speak of these magical jello shots that turn everyone 'Foo' lish :D

Foo is definitely invited to come share her magical creations with us DIMWITS, would love to meet some more of the Northern Swamper contingent :)

I can make jello bowls (this is Texas, even the shots are bigger) although my Melissa says they are evil...Chris whats the chances of getting a poker game going one of the nights (wind permitting?) We wont get there till after lunch time, Ive got little monsters to herd, and i think I have finally learned that no matter how much I want to get out of the house early on a saturday I have to many kids and to deep a sleeping larger kid to corral. So Im starting a list... I dont know which day has been decided but so far we have

1. Nadmat and Rocket
2. Chris and Melissa
3. Friends of the Petes plus spawns
4. LM, Nathan and 3 tax deductions
5. WaterGod , Angie, and Maddy

Are we doing community meals? If so I take dinner Saturday night and or Breakfast Sunday morning... we know how much I hate (sarcasim) cooking. Im volunteering Chris to help with dinner cause I need his marinater and his mad meat skills

If I can make it, it'll have to be the weekend of the 9th/10th. I have a big wedding anniversary shindig to attend on the 2nd...a family thing that I would be foolish to miss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom