Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To expand on Melissa's post: We have conflicts on the 2nd as well so we can only make it out to Ark. Bend on the weekend of the 9th & 10th. The girls can ride with me to Ark. Bend after their OW @ Windy Point if that's OK with LM & John. That way you guys can start diving, making camp, etc. I'll probably make a dive during the long SI once I get to Ark. Bend so I can get a little Rec diving in. :)

Sounds like the 9/10th will be best then, let's make the plans for that weekend. I did my weight testing of new dive flag float and it worked very well with 15 lbs of weight. I will finish it up this week, and be ready for campout with it. So now we know the date, I believe another question was handling the food, every diver for themselves or community meals? I was thinking everyone throw something in for saturday night dinner and do that as a group thing and otherwise eat whatever ya brought for yourself.

What do the rest of you folks think?

Count me in for some dives on Saturday. Can't do the camping this time.

I think Jess and I could do the 10th thing barring any classes I may be teaching. Camping and diving, awesome!

Looks like we have a bit of interest in our camping diving weekend now that we set a date.

My plan is to be out at Arkansas bend by noon or before, but may still be running as late as 2 before getting there. we will try to get a campsite(s) as far towards end of point on left side as we can. the campsites have tables and some have shelters. If someone has an ez up or something to set up down by shore that would be great, I'm trying to get my buddy Tim to come and bring his. I may go out and scout campsites this weekend.

I want that area where I got lost and stuck at , it was awesome up there, and theres a whole line of em.

I think Jess and I could do the 10th thing barring any classes I may be teaching. Camping and diving, awesome!

Yay! A public appearance! :)

LMWB_1977:
I want that area where I got lost and stuck at , it was awesome up there, and theres a whole line of em.

:confused:

Oh yea I had a "no **** there I was " wondering if I just drive down the cliff to Matt moment...You will love the spot though, its a small cliff line looking over the cove with the lake on 3 sides...I love this park

For the community food we can help provide the meat since regardless if someone wants me to bring veggies I STILL end up bringing meat (its a compulsion, what other excuse do I have) and the fixins for breakfast tacos on sunday morning. Also Ill provide a bottle of yager , redbull and jello bowls (aka shots).

Here is a google earth pic of A Bend, I put a red mark where we would prefer to camp.
The lake in pic is at full pool, so currently water is about 20' shallower, leaving a lot more shoreline, but we will want to camp up at the sites and set up a shore entry area down by where ever the shore has gotten to by the 9th :wink: :D

2392452900090248561S600x600Q85.jpg

I will let LM take charge of details of Saturday night feed and tell me what I should bring for it.

On my current 'things to do/buy' list...

check coleman lanterns and supply of gas and extra mantles

moisture munchers for camera

flasher for flag buoy

Fresh C cells for primary and backup lights

retrieve my coleman stove from buddy and test fire

go thru other camping supplies and refresh/replace as needed

The food shopping will wait 'til friday b4 as will picking up the 3 rental tanks to add to my single steel 72.

The more I get done beforehand the earlier I can hopefully make it out on Saturday to claim some good spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom