Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well thats a good question... I wont take money towards food but if some want to bring some supplies towards this dinner then heres a partial list of what could be brought, just state on here what you want to or can bring so I know what I need to get. I cook for the fun of it, I enjoy feeding large groups of people so its more for that then anything. Remember only saturday dinner and sunday breakfast are provided any snacks and drinks and lunches one must supply themselves.

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Red Onions
Green Peppers
Sour Cream
Plates
Silverware
Cups
Alcohol

This is going to be great, Matts awesome for pulling this all together. I was thinking and wondering, since this isnt a standard site, and the stuff thats in the water is there by accident, whats the legalities of well placing things ourselves? Ive got a metal dimwit sign Id love to place and map out :D

I'm in for:
Green Peppers
Sour Cream
Plates
Silverware
Cups

I'll bring something along the lines of a breakfast contribution. Maybe a package of steaks too. We will also need coolers and a mountain of ice.

I can bring a couple coolers and ice. I will have my beverages in one of them and all are welcome to use them as a community way of keeping things cold.

I will also be bringing a couple of lrg coolers, one full of ice and another for drinks and such. There are small grills at the campsites, ground fires on currently prohibited due to high fire damage. I am going to aim for getting there between 10 and noon, my hope is to have my camp stuff set up by noon, including ez up by shore entry spot.

Depending on what time the girls need to get to scuba class is when I plan to leave to get to the Bend. Im hoping its about the same time.

Okay so I dug up one of the old camp stoves ... it's this model:

NBC1218G.jpg

I have another new portable grill running around somewhere so when I find it, I'll post. You already know my work situation, if one would call what I do work that is, so Mat if you need any assistance getting set up then do not hesitate ... gimmie a yell.

We could get together during the week and discus this over that lunch I owe you btw :) . Of course, we would need to bring and test our gear too :D

I've got one of the above grills as well I can bring if need be. I wouldn't imagine we all need our own grill but if that's the case, I'm prepared! :eyebrow:

Good news! My sister let me off the hook. :monkeydan: Count me in this trip! I'm so glad my sister knows how much I love diving! :D One day I'll get her certified and you all will just think there are 2 of me all of a sudden!

Good news! My sister let me off the hook. :monkeydan: Count me in this trip! I'm so glad my sister knows how much I love diving! :D One day I'll get her certified and you all will just think there are 2 of me all of a sudden!

Yayyyyy my favorite dive buddy (no offence other buddies, shes my only buddy with boobs, which makes us better :D)

Sings "Im so excited, and I just cant hide it, I know I know daa daa daaa" okay off to bed for me, wish I had energy to post a dive report as it was an excellent dive but Im exhausted and LilScuba and Leia (yet to be on scubaboard muahahhaa) are dragging me to 6 flags in the morning.

Coolness.

I'm going to start working on my AOW this week so if you are into some dive time ... :D ... I gotta log more dives.

Hey Melissa, glad to hear you and your sister got y'alls priorities straight :wink: :D

Looking forward to a great camping weekend and some fun diving :)

My buddy Tim is letting me borrow his coleman stove and also his ez up, I wanted at least one ez up to set up down by shoreline to give some shade there. Another to put up at campsite would not hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom