Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about fills? Is there any place even kind of close where we can get our tanks topped off?

If you don't mind a tag along I'd love to check out a new dive spot & meet some local divers.

I can bring out a couple ez up's if we need them as well as food & drinks.

I was thinking of heading to Windy point to get the girls from class and bringing as many tanks as need to get filled filled...this does mean though that if theres to many tanks Ill drag someone with me. That way we all have full tanks for night dives and then the sunday morning dive. Voodoo, cant wait to meet ya, we will be there kinda early, if you want bring some regular drinks and maybe some watermelon to go with dinner, or whatever you want, we dont care, just join us dimwits for some fun

What about fills? Is there any place even kind of close where we can get our tanks topped off?

closest place is dive world or new scubaland on 620, with Barstows being close 3rd. I plan on renting 3 al80s for weekend, and bringing my steel 72 as an extra. My thinking was saturday afternoon dive about 2 or so, followed by surface interval, dinner and hanging out, and then in the water around 9 for a night dive. Then at least one dive sunday morning, maybe two. But everyone is welcome to dive when, where, and how they like, I am just trying to find my personal balance between diving and hanging out BSing with buds on surface.

If you don't mind a tag along I'd love to check out a new dive spot & meet some local divers.

I can bring out a couple ez up's if we need them as well as food & drinks.

Voodoo, You are welcome to come on out to dive and visit. This weekend is about hanging out with some divers and catching some fun dives, as well as whatever other fun we can make. An extra ez up would never hurt, the shore entry has no shade.

Bring food and drink you like, and anything you would like to contribute to LM's list if you want.

Looking forward to a fun weekend, got to get work stuff out of van and dive camp stuff in when I get off today. Plus drop by Oak Hill and pick up my reg from Mack if'n I want to do any breathing underwater.

Last edited:
yay one more wake up... Im bringing 4 tanks but then again Nathan might want to dive for like 20 mins so maybe I should bring the pony to lmao. And also if needed will make a run to get fills. Dont forget sunscreen , water, and beer everyone, its gonna be hot, we will need the sunscreen and water to stay alive and the beer to help us sleep ...

My packing list:
Community things: I have 2 bags fajita meat for all. pop-up pavillion.
Stuff for me and mine: tent, camping stuff, etc. Dive gear. Lots of gatorade, drinks. Snacks.

Additional note - these are primitive campsites (no electricity and NO WATER). Bring bottled and jugs of water and battery powered or coleman laterns!

I just came back from the store, heres what I forgot and what others have to get or we are crap out of luck...

Sour Cream (for like 25 people )
One more bag or tortilla chips

And as a side note, we can not fit our crew and gear and cooler in our vehicle, so either all the community food goes bad or someone will make some room for it in thier cooler. Right now my living room looks like REI threw up in it and I know I over packed, but hey better to be prepared then without

I just came back from the store, heres what I forgot and what others have to get or we are crap out of luck...

Sour Cream (for like 25 people )
One more bag or tortilla chips

And as a side note, we can not fit our crew and gear and cooler in our vehicle, so either all the community food goes bad or someone will make some room for it in thier cooler. Right now my living room looks like REI threw up in it and I know I over packed, but hey better to be prepared then without

I have plenty of cooler space, and plan on being at park between 10 and noon, shooting for as early as possible. I will grab sour cream and was already bringing some tortilla chips and some salsa, so we should be good to go.

I'll bring two EZup's, huge tarp, grill, a couple lanterns, a cooler for the watermelon (should be extra space in there), few gallons of water, & misc camping gear. + food.

3 al80's and 2 al63's as well as various spare gear. Also bring some diving toys (pool type) if we want to set up a hunt or something.

I need to swing by & get all the tanks filled (10am), then I'll roll out to the lake.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting in some fun dives.

-Jason

I got 4 tanks each for Jess and I, and we are bringing 2 coolers full of ice for the community and a grill to cook whatever on. I'll also have my pole spear to catch us some dinner. Lots of gear, plenty of extra weight, we will be bringing drinks and snacks, aluminum foil, some seasonings, and lots of water. I also will be bringing a tarp for setting up gear so we don't have to put our nice equipment in the dirt. See everyone tomorrow around 11.

Back
Top Bottom