Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While we're doing the lost and found thing, we are missing a set of keys - two loops with a single keyfob, a Jeep key, a Ford key and other misc keys. Last seen on Saturday afternoon.

Had a great time! It was great to catch up with the regulars and meet new people. Looking forward to the next campout. Thanks to Matt & LM for planning, cooking, & whatnot.

I haven't found any keys yet, but I did find my digicam, half submerged in my small cooler, I must have set it on top with the lid unzipped and it fell in :(

I pulled out the card and battery and am going to just let it sit for a week before trying to apply power and see how broke it is. I figure at least I should recover the pics off of the card.

I will keep an eye out for y'alls keys as I continue to sort and store the rest of camping gear. Now I need to try and get myself ready for work(always hard on monday, especially hard this monday for some reason:wink:)

Last edited:
As always, great hanging out and diving with fellow DIMWITS. I just wished I could have stayed a lot longer.

Still feeling dead, went to bed when we got home at 1 ish and just woke up, going back to bed as soon as I can get the kids done with school. We left a bunch of stuff I think, I am staring at the pile from the car and thinking "damn this is what happens when I dont help pack up". It was nice meeting new people and putting screen names to faces as well as hanging out with new. Got a dive in with Jess and Melissa, Jess may have less then 10 dives but you wouldnt know it, the chicks a natural. Then a dive with Tattoo guy, which was great, both dives produced a anchor each...yay us

Still feeling dead, went to bed when we got home at 1 ish and just woke up, going back to bed as soon as I can get the kids done with school. We left a bunch of stuff I think, I am staring at the pile from the car and thinking "damn this is what happens when I dont help pack up". It was nice meeting new people and putting screen names to faces as well as hanging out with new. Got a dive in with Jess and Melissa, Jess may have less then 10 dives but you wouldnt know it, the chicks a natural. Then a dive with Tattoo guy, which was great, both dives produced a anchor each...yay us

Hey LM, I have your mushroom anchor, we left the broken anchor at the shoreline, artfully arrayed upon a stump with a found yellow snorkel and blue kids fin. I think we got the rest of your stuff into RumBums jeep. Hope ya feel better soon, is ear doing any better?

Last edited:
Was great diving & hanging with new friends.

I guess LM's anchor luck rubbed off on me. After diving with her, I spotted an anchor on every dive. I wonder if there is a big market for these on Craig's List??? haha

-Jason
AKA Tattoo Guy

I had a GREAT time this weekend! I haven't unpacked yet. Some things got dropped on the porch and some never made it out of the garage.
Sorry to hear about your camera, Matt. I hope it dries out ok!

Hey LM, I have your mushroom anchor, we left the broken anchor at the shoreline, artfully arrayed upon a stump with a found yellow anchor and blue kids fin. I think we got the rest of your stuff into RumBums jeep. Hope ya feel better soon, is ear doing any better?

Yay, Im wanting to paint that one and have a idea but thought Nathan left it. Not sure what it is about anchors but apperently I have a thing for them. The sad part is carrying the anchor helped balance my weight since I was so light on that dive. My ear is still squeaking. I really need to work on my second dives and equalizing, I think I get lazy on the second dive and dont clear often and early, thats the only thing I can think it is.

Tattoo guy, how many more anchors did you bring up? Did you get that cool one? You and the wife need to come to oasis wall , we can get lots of crap there. :D I love crap

Sounds like I missed a fun weekend with you all. Glad to hear it was a success.

In addition to anchors at Oasis, you may be as lucky as Nadmat and find a $10 bill - there is probably some waiter at Oasis cursing the customer who didn't leave a tip because it was blown off and over the wall.

If you are interested in doing Oasis Wall, I got room on August 17 afternoon charter with Steve W., who many of you may know as a former Scubaland Manager, who is coming in to dive Travis after being up north Texas for a while

Send a reservation request form from Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom