Arkansas Bend, Lake Travis campout/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there Saturday.. Is there anything in particular, I should be bringing..

Looking forward to diving with fellow DIMWITS:)

Aight ... so I am not teaching this weekend, and though I might be working the shop on Sat. I will definitely be headed out there once I get off ... Get some dives in, hang with some cool people, pass on anything even similar to jello shots (too many bad/embarrassing stories ... ok ... only 2 or 3, but still), spend the night, dive some more

I like the plan ... what else do we still need brought out there?

Looks like Lettuce and Alcohol are still unclaimed on LM's list, I think I heard her say she needed Jager for the shots, if so I have a bottle in the freezer I could donate.

I also notice no nonalcoholic drinks being listed so everyone remember to bring lots of hydrating drinks with them, plenty of water, some sports drinks, lemonade, koolaid, or tea, some sodas.

Mostly try to bring everything you think you'll need for the time you'll be there, a little to help out LM's efforts toward supper and breakfast, plus a little extra drinks and snacks if you want to help out those who came less prepared.

I am bringing one ezup to locate near our shore entry point, another to put up at campsite would be nice. I plan on bringing some good beer, and limiting my exposure to the jello shots (although I guess I will have to sample one after all the buzz).

I am actually taking off friday afternoon to do my final shopping(new academy opens on 1431 and I want to go check out specials and sign up to win stuff).

anyone doing the night dive remember to check/charge/replace your batteries this week.

Lisa Marie, anything else you need to add to the food list?

Flour tortillas
Eggs
Tortilla chips

Ive got the meat, gonna pick up another package with all that are coming. If anyone has a flashlight I can borrow that would be great, this past weekend I uhhhh turned my light on wrong and yea mansfield dam claimed another piece of gear

I can grab some tortillas from Toco Cabana ... they're sooooo delicious. How many should I grab?

Eggs are easy too. I'm a freak about only eating eggs from free roaming chickens anyway so I'll grab a bunch from the HEB on the way insha'Allah.

That makes my list out to be (I figured for 20 people?):
Eggs
Tortillas
Green Peppers
Sour Cream
Plates
Silverware
Cups

Flour tortillas
Eggs
Tortilla chips

Ive got the meat, gonna pick up another package with all that are coming. If anyone has a flashlight I can borrow that would be great, this past weekend I uhhhh turned my light on wrong and yea mansfield dam claimed another piece of gear

I've got a dive light or 3 for you.

I'll be bringing bratwurst, buns, sodas, water and beers.

Since the girls are doing their open water dives for their class this weekend we're gonna show up late Saturday and probably won't be camping. We'll join ya'll for some dinner and maybe a night dive though.

Lisamarie or Matt...let me know what we can bring that hasn't already been volunteered.

How many tanks are people bringing? I'm wondering what the goal is as far as how many dives and when is everyone is planning on showing up. I think Jess and I will plan on being there around noonish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom