Arizona Scuba Forum Needs a Nickname

Arizona Scuba Forum Name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
You mean Mojave :rofl3: j/k, yes I think it is. The Sonoran Desert's boundaries is defined as where the Saguaro Cactus grows, apparently they don't grow that far north (s. nevada) or east (sw NM) perhaps we should change the description to be "In the heart of the Sonoran and Mohave Deserts". I still like John's suggestion, but maybe it doesn't exactly fit the entire region. How 'bout Sonorhave Sand Sharks :D Who says we can make new words!

Don't you mean Sonorjave? :D

I like Southwest... :wink:

Dive-aholic:
I like Southwest... :wink:
In all seriousness, if we are willing to use "Desert" & "Divers" in the same suggestion, I see no reason why we should steer completely clear of "Southwest", it's a generic term that represents our region and I think it's a good modification of John's suggestion. Actually it'd be my first choice right now, because I'm particular to Sharks and it's catchy.

Really "Diehard" I have images of Bruce Willis in Sean Connery, James Bond old style Scuba Gear, jumping out of the lake with spear gun in hand, shouting "Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother *********" :D

-Garrett

AZ Sun Divers, we've got lots more sun then water.

AZTEK DIVER:
AZ Sun Divers, we've got lots more sun then water.
John I think collectively we've decided a regional name would be best to incorporate the S. Nevada lakes and N. Sea of Cortez diving that is popular.

I didn't suggest Sun Divers originally because I thought it sounded too much like "Sun Devils", thought non ASU types would take issue with that, so it had been suggested in a prior thread of "Sol Divers"; which is the same but not.

Initially I liked the suggestion, then as with the Diehard suggestion I had visions of that Joe Cocker wannabee from American Idol, Taylor Hicks, jumping out of the lake at me yelling "Soul Patrol" :11:, doing his seizure like dancing, which is an even more disturbing image than the Bruce Willis one!

-Garrett

Dive-aholic:
Isn't San Carlos in the low 60s right now.... :wink:
Notice you don't see me down there now....

Silly question...has anyone approached SB management to ask if we can carve out our own region? Maybe PM an Administrator, I don't even know who to ask on this one...

sjspeck:
Silly question...has anyone approached SB management to ask if we can carve out our own region? Maybe PM an Administrator, I don't even know who to ask on this one...
I don't see why they would care, we are just renaming an existing forum that already discusses and dives in these outlying areas we are just incorporating them into the name. Mighty nice of us if you ask me.

-Garrett

I also like Southwest Sand Sharks...not sure if my vote counts since I don't post much:D

shark.byte.usa:
I don't see why they would care, we are just renaming an existing forum that already discusses and dives in these outlying areas we are just incorporating them into the name. Mighty nice of us if you ask me.

-Garrett
Or maybe we should ask the other forums we're taking territory from?

Back
Top Bottom