Arizona Scuba Forum Needs a Nickname

Arizona Scuba Forum Name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK how about a fun thread in here for a change!

In case you haven't noticed Arizona Scuba is the only United States Sub-Forum without some catchy regional nickname :( and the tagline says "Home of AZScuba... the all beach, no ocean state!" does that really describe our little pocket-o-sunshine :wink: to the world's diving community? :shakehead We can think of a better name & tagline/description than that! :D

Well when we were kicking around the idea of a dive club a couple months ago, before the internet lawyers squashed our hopes and dreams with all their liability talk :mooner: , we threw out a few nicknames so I've placed those in a poll, plus a couple others off the top-o-my-head.

If you got a different suggestion by all means let's hear it and respond with your tagline/description as well. I've left out the obvious Arizona Desert Divers, cuz that's a LDS and a little obvious.

We'll close the poll and descriptions and settle on one for submission to Mods in a couple weeks (3/23), how's that sound?

Have fun with it!

-Garrett

Edit: Just for clarification any serious suggestions can't be related to a AZ shop's name. Just in case :wink:

El Orans:
I've added the "Other" option to the poll. :)

Maybe they were trying to avoid "London Bridge Divers".:D

I would have thought of something simple and direct like Desert Divers.

Arizona Dirt Divers. I mean, that's kind of what we dive in--wet dirt.

pir8:
I would have thought of something simple and direct like Desert Divers.
That's an LDS here.

AzAtty:
Arizona Dirt Divers. I mean, that's kind of what we dive in--wet dirt.
I figured we could come up something better than that, not that all of my suggestions are, but dirt....:shakehead

OK... how 'bout "Arizona Scuba Scientists"? :rofl3:

AZ Carp Catchers?

Catfish Chasers?

Scorpion Molesters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom