Is Side Mount the new DIR??? Building resentment towards us as a group...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but as a call for some SM divers to perhaps dial down their strident advocacy

I believe I was the "last straw" regarding this thread. I responded to a " greetings " thread from a fellow member here in Alberta Canada. Yea, practically Meca for divers.
He had stated he was getting back into diving and had to buy new equipment.
And yes, after saying hi to a neighbor I asked if he had seen sidemount. I hadn't and therefore had to buy more gear and reconfigure what I had. I did not go on about it and I would never knock anybody's INFORMED decision. I'm guessing the problem being discussed has less to do with content and more to do with attitude. Experience breeds knowledge not authority. People get excited about new experiences and a few get very cocky when they think they have alot of experience. The subject doesn't matter. Try to consider the source before judging the content. Knowledge can be very valuable if you spend it in a positive manner.

Cheers, Kevin

Just got back from cave country. We saw several and dove ourselves as a mixed team. The only comments from anyone were about specific gear, as in how do you like the (insert gear or equipment here)... nothing negative in comments or looks about rebreathers, SM, or BM. Basically no one really gave a crap who was diving what.

I recently proved with a simple video that the single bungee is as effective as the loop and double bungee methods favored by most at the moment.
The discussion did not give the impression anyone in it could be convinced by an unimportant thing like a proven fact. :wink:

That's because the video showed the tank dangling at a 45 degree angle, but carry on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom