Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12/7/08 Sunday
Time - 11:00am
Air Temp - 65
Water Temp - 63
Vizibility - 1'-3' all the way down
Tide - Going out, at Low on the way back in
Wind - Good and steady from the North 15mph
Surf - 2'-4', Heavy chop in SRQ bay 1'-2'
Bottom silt - Bad at bottom

Good waves in open water, spaced out so not too bad. Anchor line descent and buddy hold the rest of the way. Even w/ a light the viz dropped after 2 ft. Called 'no go' after 13 min. in the muck. We'll try for next time.

December 26, 17 miles out from Hudson
64f in 48ft
viz 30+ side to side. Top to bottom from surface

1/11/09 Sunday
Time - 2:30pm
Air Temp - 76
Water Temp - 66
Vizibility - 5'-7'
Max Depth - 19'
Tide - At high
Wind - Gentle breeze from the S
Surf - 1' breakers at the beach, otherwise very calm
Bottom silt - Some spots cloudy
BT - Just short of an hour. Single tank.

Hunt was on for Crab. However, total skunk out, not a single one. Lots of octopi and ornamental fish. Enjoyed floating with current and testing out a new dive light. Just happy to "Get Wet".

Spanish Rocks 1/24/09

Time: 11:00 am
Max Depth: 21ft
BT: 38 min
Air Temp: 67 F
water temp at depth: 54 F
Vis: 6-8 ft

Other than the cold water it was a perfect day to dive.

Quik

Last edited:
Dove and fished a ledge about 18 miles offshore of Anna Maria Island in 70' of water.

Water was blue and clear with 30 - 40 of viz.
Water temp was 60 degrees.

While fishing we caught a 6' tiger shark. The shark came right up to the boat on 3 separate occassions. This was the 1st tiger shark I have ever seen. Got a short video clip on my site. Click on the "Click here to view a video on the shark circling the boat."

Bull Shark Ledge, Bradenton

There are plenty of other interesting stuff here. Feel free to check it out. I should have the Firefox and Safari issues fixed now. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Spanish Rocks, Friday 3/6
Seas less than 1 ft. Still cold 62°, viz was 6 - 8', just beyond the yellow crab trap floats.
Took a nice sheephead and a grey snapper.

I went to a ledge about 11 miles in 50' of water. The temp was 65 degrees, and viz was less than 10' on the bottom maybe 20' on the top.

The purpose of the dive was to spear-fish, and the viz was not good enough to hunt. I ended up cutting the dive short. We did manage to have a great day of fishing above water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom