Current conditions on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm wondering if we might be able to make this a pinned thread in this sub-forum where people can list the current conditions in bonaire including surface temperature, sea conditions, wind, and general weather as well as water temperatures and visibility. Photos are always welcome! I'll be on the island all next week and will report, but if anyone wants to post in the meantime, please do so.

I was literally coming in to ask about current water temps. Any current condition reports would be much appreciated!

Water temp has been 79F. Surface temp in 80's. Some breeze most days. Visibility fluctuates, most sites have been good to great, some have had cloudy vis at times. Almost zero current at the sites we've done so far.

Great idea for a running thread. Wife and I will be in Bon from April 28 thru May 9 and will report back here during and after...:)

It’s terrible! Don’t come! Joking of course. Showing 80-83 ocean temps. Air comfortable mid-80’s. Viz 50-100 site depending. Winds down. Few waves making even south sites pretty accessible. No ripping currents. Did East Coast Diving morning 2 tank Monday. Highly recommend it. Seeing normal stuff. Water full of sharp nose puffers, silversides, chromi’s. Small stuff brings the bigger stuff- small grouper almost every dive. Turtles, squid, barracuda, the ever present tarpon. Pork fish which I’ve not seen here in the last 10 years. Lionfish which we’ve caught and ate, they aren’t going away. Juvi all kinds of things.

Looking out of the window, its sunny, bit cloudy, dry.
Water temp 27°C / 81°F at the surface, 23°C / 74°F at 91m, 300 ft

@moderator, any chance we can pin this thread?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

As requested!
Let's give it a try...

My crystal ball says the water temperatures will be from 79-80 degrees in Feb/Mar to 83-84 degrees in Sept/Oct. I've only made 9 trips, 280 dives, I wore my 5/3 hooded vest with my 3 mm full suit on one visit when the water temp was 79. The hooded vest is always in my bag, just in case. The low and high daily temps are pretty predictable too.

I will follow the sticky with interest. Waiting to make our next visit :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom