Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time:.....1st dive 8:30am 2nd dive 10:00am
Air / Water : 82 / 78...................85 / 78
Wind: Steady from the NW near 10-15mph
Water surface - (ready for this) 3' to 5' open water. Near the beach 3' breakers only for 20 yards
Viz - at the ledges, 5'-8'...grass lands before the rocks 0 gooseegg, none
Depth: 23'

Went to Venice (Alahambra) on Tuesday. The Vis was about 10-15 feet, calm conditions...got some nice teeth! :) it was our first time there and we had a blast. Saw a big flounder...lots of schools of fish. the temp was 75 in 20' water but we were shivering after 40 mins in 3mm suits. We're probably going to head back down there on Friday (Halloween) for a early afternoon dive. I'll post a new update then.

Im thinking about doing my first Venice dive with my wife this Saturday morning. The weather is going to be Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s. Wind: NE at 15 mph. I am just wondering if Sat morning would be an ok day to dive???

I am aware of the usual conditions for 2-4ft of visibility, but just want to know if the water might be rough with wind like that.

Daniel

Dove Spanish Rocks Thursday. Viz was 2 - 4 ft, seas 1 ft., water temp. 69°.
No diving allowed from the beach from Third Pier to the inlet. There are some natural ledges off Longboat Key, maybe 300 yards out. Suppose to be some public beach access off of Gulf Dr. I'll probly check these out next trip.

Service Club was 69 this afternoon
vis 8'+ to <2' depended on the area
lots of little teeth and a small beat meg

For those who may know me....
This is not in the Gulf Coast but just for giggles>>>

Oct. 25- Air temp. / 65
Surface temp. / 55
Temp. @ 86' / 46
Vis. / 30' - 35'

Between Alahambra and Service Club; Viz 20 ft!, temp. 70, fish, teeth and crab claws :D

Went out this morning at the park just north of the Venice Pier. Viz was decent at 10 - 12 ft., at a depth of 21 ft. Water temp. 68

Friday morning the temp at Venice was 71

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom