Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 sites in 85' off St Pete Bch today - vis 40+' - no digital temp, but nobody mentioned a thermo so mid 80's sounds right.

2 sites in 65' on the way back to JP - 25' vis.

1 more site in 62' - vis dropped below 20'.

2 sites in 57' in the afternoon, not far from the 12' ledge / aka Parking Lot - vis 10'.
(I freedove this area in the morning on the way offshore, to check the vis, and it was 25' on the bottom with a low east sun. Afternoon tides sure can mess things up!)

Chad

15 miles West of Hudson with Capt Earl. Seas were flat. Bottom temp at 40 ft was 87. Vis was 40' on first dive, 20 -30' on the second dive. Saw lots of sealife, plus my students got to see a sea turtle on their first Ocean dive! Also saw a couple of Sea Nettles. Good day for my students, and a great day to be on the water. Thanks to Captain Earl for a great trip. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
5 miles out of Tarpon Springs yesterday (24 Sep 09), seas were decent and a slight current. Bottom temps in about 30 feet were in the 80s. Vis on the first dive was about 6 feet. The 2nd and 3rd dives the vis improved a bit, 10-12 feet. Sea nettles and jellies still around. Nice ledges, decent amount of fish around and a surprise lobster sighting.

Vis seems to be Better South off Clw then North the past two weeks. Vis at least 25 or better on Blk Thorn today... Great seas.. Lots of Fish..
Had 11 divers out today... Was LUCKY enough to have Miss D on the Boat...

Hope to have her on the boat again soon... Lots of fun.

Have 10 divers going out Sunday...Will head south once again for the Vis....

Water temp about 84 to 85.

few jellies but not like two weeks ago.

Still seeing sail fish.. Even saw a Sail fish on Rube Allen Thursday.

Capt. Mike
Tanks A Lot Dive Charters....

P.S. Have room for two more Sunday.....!!

Spanish rocks - less then 5 ft vis, and lots of surf.

But the water is still nice and warm, 86f.

Vis on the Sheridan last night was 40-50 ft. Bottom temp was 85. Seas were flat, and the stars were out. :thumb: I saw more Moon Jellies on these two dives than I have ever seen in one location. Very good dives and another great trip with Capt Ty. :palmtree: Bob

I dove the 10 fathom wreck/tramp steamer with AUE-mike and his team yesterday, Sunday 27 Sept. Vizibility was ~40 ft, water temp 86. Seas were running about 2-4 ft with freshening winds from the west ahead of the frontal system. Great diving with a very professional group. BTW we ran into frogman 5...Congrats on your artifact recovery, are pics coming soon? To read my full trip report visit my blog sharkwatcher's Page

Spanish Rock 10/03/09

Water Temp:82
Viz:3-4 Feet

Lots of boat traffic today.

Best part of trip was saving a baby squirrel from being run over at the beach entrance, and seeing it's greatful mom.

4 Oct - M8 in calm seas had 25-30' of viz with solid 84 degrees, 52' deep ledges had 15-20' of viz. Greg

Dove the Little Middle Grounds yesterday, 17 miles out of John's Pass, in 60ft of water. Seas were 1-2ft in the am and calm in the afternoon. visibility was 40ft on the first two dives, while it was sunny. Then the sky clouded over in the afternoon and the visibility on the 3rd dive dropped to 30ft. It was my first time exploring the Little Middle Grounds. I would describe it as an area of swiss cheese bottom(1 -2ft profile) about 1.5 to 2 acres around with a few large ledge(4-5ft profile) sections running thru it. Water temp was up 6 degrees from last week at 90deg. Jellies weren't to bad.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom