Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, 28 miles out of Hudson...UNBELIEVABLE! In 70 feet of water, I'm not kidding, I think we had nearly 60 foot of viz. I started seeing the bottom so soon after descending that for a few moments I thought we were only in 40 foot of water! Water temp was 84 on the bottom. In closer, around 20 miles out in 50 feet, viz was down to about 30 but still great in my book.

Dove with Tanks-A-Lot today. Was a great time. We dove the airplane barges first with approx. 15 ft visibility at 82F. The weather was awsome. Very calm and full sun.
The second dive was at Margot ledge. Temp was again 82F and the visibility was quite a bit better. Id guess it was around 35ft+ until we got down and stirred things up a bit.
Cheers, Walt

I had some FWRI folks out today. We we're in 60' W of IRB. The bottom temp was 78 degrees and the vis was a decent 30'.

Looks like the weather has pushed a lot of the jellies away. There were mostly small ones around and I didn't see any of the big nasties on the surface.

Today 19 miles due west of John's Pass in 70' of water, 50' vis, 78*F in the afternoon.
87' west of JP, 40' vis, 78*F, around noon.
Blackthorn & Sheridan in the morning, 30' vis, 77*F.

Chad

Last edited:
Saturday, 15.5 NM at 260 out of Clw Pass, 64 feet, Had 11 divers that reported vis about 25 + and temp 75. 2nd dive at the Rube, Divers and DM reported vis about 15 feet. and temp about 77. Front came thru on first dive. Cool pictures of storm front on web site. Fish were going crazy because of pressure change. Wish I was fishing!! Seas kicked up on way in.

Sunday 11 divers again for late day dive on the Sheridan. Vis at 30 + Temp about 77. Left over sea swells from Saturday on way out. Later wind picked up petty good from North and we had white caps on top of growing swells. Jellies almost all gone.

Sucks that the Captain can Not dive!!

Water was dirty close to shore from High winds past few days.
Be safe.

Capt. Mike
Tanksalotdivecharters.com

Monday temp was 77-78. Vis anywhere from 10-25. Hit some stuff in 50 thats very hoggy. Hit stuff close to Sheridan and then dropped some off at the CLW wreck. Was very comfortable in shorts still. No jellies but some snot. Flat calm.

Weds oct 28th

seas 2-3 rollers

At the Sheridan viz was 40ish Surface temp 79/bottom temp 77 in shorts Hardly any jellys at all.

At a ledge in 55ft viz was 30ish.

Another drop in 30ft vis was about 3ft

Thursday Oct 29th. Left out of Bayport. Dove the Meisner Crane at 26 mi out. Vis was in the 50ft range. Dove some hard bottom at 20 mi out vis dropped to the 20-30 ft range. Dove artificial reef about 15mi out in 30ft. vis dropped again to the 15-20ft range. Water teemps were in the mid-upper 70's. No jellies all day.

12 miles out of Tarpon, 45 feet max, I think the wreck's name is Airplane Barge, 78 degrees on the bottom, viz hard to estimate on a night dive but probably around 30. I saw the biggest 'Cuda ever! I didn't know they got that big, he had to be pushing 6 feet, I'm 5 foot 10 and he was easily my size. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom