Are Force Fins really that bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwdiver2:
And for currents come to BC for real current diving I have no problem in real currents with Force Fins.

Its becoming very difficult to respond to you within the rules of this board as you are clearly either stoned or delusional.

WW

While I was'nt a SEAL I was EOD for 11 years. Force fins, Nope!

Here

My favorite is the quote from Asian Diver:

"For those of you who dream
of being a Navy Seal without
all that training, you can fin,
or at least, look like one..."
Asian Diver, June/July 2000

ROFL. Get out your camo paint and duck fins!

Don't some or many Navy SEALs use FFs?

I can tell you this for a fact - no. no. no.

After they couldn't get the Navy to endorse their fins, they tried to get personal endorsements out of individuals. Money talks, but bullsh*t can't propel heavily laden divers long distances in a current. I can tell you for absolute certain, that operationally, no Navy Seal is diving those fins. Period.

I can tell you that some are wearing and testing out the SP Splits. But when they need an operational fin, they still go back to old trusty. These guys don't switch to new stuff easily.

How do I know? Two of em in the family.

mempilot,
you're absolutely right! and regarding the split fins they always end up duct taping them too. If it's not broken don't fix it.

Chris

This statement was pulled off of their own website:

"It would appear that the smaller, more flexible fins did not compromise neither speed nor force underwater. At the surface, it would appear that the greatest force and least fatigue could be generated by the larger, less flexible fin."

Sounds backwards to me. Using Navy SEALS to test your fins does not mean they use them outside the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom