Are Force Fins really that bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most people I know use the Pro series that retail at around $100 or so (a few more bucks than a set of Jets, $40 or so). The bells and whistles do add up so some people pay allot for gear.

Another point that has not come up is they are small and easily packed for travel, they are shorter than most other fins.

Dude - you're cracked.

I can back up just fine in Jets. Do a search around here on "finning backwards." It's been covered ad nauseum. (Or should I say ad hominem? And for the record, Kent, I've given up trying to fin backwards in Quattro's. I've moved to Turtles.)

I haven't seen a lot of Force Fins in 'the wild.' The only people I've seen who like Force Fins coincidentally happened to have poor bouyancy skills and crappy fin technique. Hmmmmmm....

After 4500+ dives I have found my skills to be adequate for the many areas and the conditions I dive in around the world. Why cracked?

You should love the Jets, although I personally don't understand the need for spring straps.

It will be nice to be able to don them at the speed of light...hehe.

Seriously, I have dealt with enough cumbersome straps in heavy gloves, that I think that the springs will be a real treat.

nwdiver2:
What other fins do you recommend that allow you to scull backwards in a controlled manner while focusing on a subject? Jets or as I new them Rockets?

Rockets and Jets are not the same fins at all.

Rockets are Aqualungs unsuccessful clone of the Scubapro Jets.

Sorry to hear you like your Force Fin Pros (which I owned) so much. On a positive note there is a 12 step program and accompanying support group for former Force Fin owners that I have been taking part in. I feel better already. I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my chest along with the cash already lifted from my wallet.

You know maybe I should get another pair and be sure I wasn't unjust in only testing them for months on end exclusively. I coul order the Blue Hyper Tang Sudden Impact Inversed Force Feeder version with ultra screw on super offloading ballast combining water funnel technology! I hear it's only a $700 upgrade item!

ew1usnr:
They can be customized with the following options:
Comfort Inserts $15.95,
Bungie Heal Straps $26.95,
Sharkes Teeth $54.95,
Speed Pods $54.95,
Whiskers $54.95

There should be a spring strap option for tech divers. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom