Are Force Fins really that bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop that I work for is a Force dealer...

OK, you're new here, but with respect - it figures that the only person who would push those suckers on the poor unsuspecting public is the person selling them.

I thought they were stupid when I saw them. I discovered they were stupid in the water. And when I saw how much they cost, I just about wet myself.

Force Fins are a mockery of the Scuba World. Welcome to SB.

Boogie711:
I thought they were stupid when I saw them. I discovered they were stupid in the water. And when I saw how much they cost, I just about wet myself.

Force Fins are a mockery of the Scuba World. Welcome to SB.

Boogie,

It's a little difficult to figure out which way your going with this? Sooo...your saying......you don't like them? ;-)

To d33ps1x LMAO

There maybe more truth in there than I realise :lol: but no I don't work for Force Fin & no offense meant I'm sure you don't follow the crowd but lots of people jump on the anti FF band wagon when they've never even tried them. Thats who I aimed my comment at.

To DarkFrog

It's not a doggy paddle motion all that I do different is use the knee more & kick as if I had no fin's on. (maybe I have bad teqnique :eyebrow:) I change my teqnique to suit what fin's I'm useing whether it's FF or Splits.

If you want fins that are going to get you from A to B quicker than any other Force Fins arn't the ones for you. If you want fins that you can pootle around in with very little effort then FF are worth a consideration. I'm not saying there the best fins ever & they will wipe the floor with all other fins what I am saying is they are good fins that do the job well but they get mocked because there different. hmmmm now that sounds familier :wink:

All I can tell you is that I dove exclusively with a buddy who wore FF's for several months.....I wasn't even the one wearing them and it was excruciating!

My buddy huffed and puffed and I literally spent the entire time not swimming at all to give my buddy the chance to keep up with me. They suck.

Buddy got new fins and I am the one left in his wake.

I use them and split fins. I have used the vaunted Rockets but left them behind with my horse collar BC (can I say luddite to those who dislike new technologies).

Forces fins are great for wreck diving as they are powerful in the kick styles used in wrecks.

They are the only fin that lets you back up when taking photos; you can literally ease backwards in a very controlled manner with them.

Thirdly they are small and I find them very good when I teach as it is easier to move about and not stir up the bottom when students are doing open water skills.

I use them when I need their capabilities. Some divers I dive with like them and some don’t.

They are the only fin that lets you back up when taking photos
Do you really expect anyone to buy this?

What part of it don’t you understand?

nwdiver2:
What part of it don’t you understand?
The part where you incorrectly state that force fins are the only fins that allow you to fin backward. Sorry, I'll go back to not understanding now :) ..

What other fins do you recommend that allow you to scull backwards in a controlled manner while focusing on a subject? Jets or as I new them Rockets?

nwdiver2:
What other fins do you recommend that allow you to scull backwards in a controlled manner while focusing on a subject? Jets or as I new them Rockets?
Well, I don't do much underwater photography, but I have managed a backward kick in a number of different fins. What makes force fins so special that they are better at backing up for photography? Did they come out with a "photography whisker" option for another $300?

IMHO, force fins are like lotteries and spare airs...a tax on the gullible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom