Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevermind...

Interesting. Large LDS that I infer at one time had a much larger online footprint. The name rhymes with "TubaScoys".

In their showroom, etched into the custom stained concrete floor finish, there's a big 6-foot-across Scubapro logo permanently emblazoned. I once jokingly said, "COOL!!! You guys are gonna be a new Scubapro dealer!" They politely said "F-that-$#!+" and damned near threw me out the door. They explained how they do not miss the relationship....
Well, this shop chain will always allow people to come back on their knees. They did it to ScubaPro. They did it to PADI. The owner doesn't mess around. His chain of shops, his rules. Don't like it? You're replaceable.

What do they do when they service a BC?
I’ve heard of it but never had it done in 25 years if diving. Do they put a service kit in the inflator and maybe change out the dump seals or something?

I’ve heard of it but never had it done in 25 years if diving. Do they put a service kit in the inflator and maybe change out the dump seals or something?
We just bought an AL BC for my wife. I just about laughed out loud when they said “free parts for life, just need to service it once a year“. Worst part is, a year from now I’m going to have to explain to my wife why we’re not taking it in to be serviced.

check the OPV(s)? It doesn't make sense really to service an inflator (replacing o-rings) when replacements are $15 from DGX. And GTFOH for any fancy shmancy inflators. All it does is have a button to open a valve to let gas from the cylinder go in and nother to open the exhaust.

For a dive computer, what? Replace o-rings for the battery compartment? If your dive computer is so poorly designed that it takes a "specially trained technician" to do that (or replace a battery), do yourself a favor and put your DC in the electronics recycle bin and buy a Shearwater.

We just bought an AL BC for my wife. I just about laughed out loud when they said “free parts for life, just need to service it once a year“. Worst part is, a year from now I’m going to have to explain to my wife why we’re not taking it in to be serviced.
Have you ever had an inflator stick open during a dive? If you can't get that hose unhooked in a hurry or open an overpressure valve, you're heading to the surface a lot quicker than you would like.

This happens when the oversized Schrader valve in the AL inflator isn't cleaned and lubed on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it's an often overlooked service.

Have you ever had an inflator stick open during a dive? If you can't get that hose unhooked in a hurry or open an overpressure valve, you're heading to the surface a lot quicker than you would like.

This happens when the oversized Schrader valve in the AL inflator isn't cleaned and lubed on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it's an often overlooked service.
so are you saying that just rinsing your gear is insufficient maintenance? That sounds like a really bad design.

the Schrader valve should never be cleaned and serviced, just replaced. Cleaning it just is going to fail again soon.

Can't stick open on a dive if it don't get opened.

Inflator is ONLY used at the surface. BC is totally empty for all of the dive except at end or beginning.

And lubing a schraeder? Something is wrong there...

Back
Top Bottom