April roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am now booked with Tres Pelicanos, so I can at least meet and dive with uncfnp and Soloist

Looking forward to it, but be carful what you wish for…….

Gathering together some of the ridiculous amount of stuff I travel with and trying to decide if I need mosquito spay. Any of the little buggers out and about this time of year?

trying to decide if I need mosquito spray

Yes...better to have it and not need it (I know I'm gonna bring it in May). We like the wipes. Swap the bug juice for that extra bikini you're packing...:)

Yes...better to have it and not need it (I know I'm gonna bring it in May). We like the wipes. Swap the bug juice for that extra bikini you're packing...:)
:rofl3: No worries. Eric already took out his “budgie smugglers.”

Actually we like the idea of the wipes. I will have to check Amazon for these.

Eric already took out his “budgie smugglers.”

:rofl3: You read my mind. That was my next post...We're gonna have fun in GC...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

@uncfnp If not on Amazon, we find them at Walgreens around here (Deep Woods OFF wipes).

Last edited:
We have had zero issues with bugs. I have been remiss in applying bug repellent and no bites so far. Granted, it has been windy which seems to help in keeping bugs away.

:rofl3: You read my mind. That was my next post...We're gonna have fun in GC...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

@uncfnp If not on Amazon, we find them at Walgreens around here (Deep Woods OFF wipes).

We have had zero issues with bugs. I have been remiss in applying bug repellent and no bites so far. Granted, it has been windy which seems to help in keeping bugs away.
Just so happens that is the ones I just ordered with 2 day Prime. :)

Thanks morecowbells. It seems when we bring spray there is no issue and when we don’t... So I will bring the wipes and there will be no more bugs!

Thanks for these posts. I just ordered some DW Off wipes. And remembered that I was out of Dramamine, so got that coming, too. And some Cortisone. That other thread about the Thimble Jelly larvae has me spooked. Not so much for myself, but for getting my g/f in the water to go snorkeling. If she were to get stung by anything, that would be the END of any chances I have for getting her to start diving...

I’ve been here since Sat - zero bug issues. Now if you could get El Norte spray repellent, I’d be all over that!

Yes-we lost the afternoon yesterday and the morning today.

Oh yeah no jellies yet either.

All this talk about bugs, jellyfish, rough weather, port closures, motion sickness and “old people” has me questioning this diving nonsense. Maybe it’s time to take up yoga…

Back
Top Bottom