Apollo Bio-Fin, Atomic Smoke or TUSA Zooms, which one is the best Split Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitfins are useless. They allow people who don't have proper kicking technique to move by moving their feet, but without kicking.

Yet another spouting only his opinion. I go back to the notion that who really cares what fin people use? If they like paddles, splits or hinged - good, I happy you like them. What purpose does it serve to bash others fin choices?

Since there is NO real hard scientific or engineering data to support one fin design over another, we are left only with anecdotal and personal opinion to make our purchase decision. Buy and use what you like.

Man, I didn't know I would ignite such a "discussion". I did try on a an Apollo Bio at my LDS yesterday. I believe I will get a pair from Leisure Pro in a few weeks. Sweet fin, it ought to fly through the H2O.
THANKS for info.

Yet another spouting only his opinion. I go back to the notion that who really cares what fin people use? If they like paddles, splits or hinged - good, I happy you like them. What purpose does it serve to bash others fin choices?

Since there is NO real hard scientific or engineering data to support one fin design over another, we are left only with anecdotal and personal opinion to make our purchase decision. Buy and use what you like.

There is no discussion with aparticlebrane. His posts are all pretty predictable. Jet fins, 7 ft primary hose, necklaced octo etc. Don't let it get your goat.

Hey I would like to thank my critics for pointing out spelling errors! I manage a couple web sites and have had a few volunteers for editor, but the task is huge! I know you think your making fun of me and thats a small price to pay to help me get the job done! I have fixed a few and it is ready for your criticisms, so go to it and beat me up about please!:D

The site says dealer inquiries "excepted". Did you mean "accepted"? (spelled correctly though. I'm sure Cal-poly is proud)

Splitfins are useless. They allow people who don't have proper kicking technique to move by moving their feet, but without kicking.

How Mind Washed are you? Or is this some form of JOKE? HaHaHaHsewhfggprupthnajlrewfjada;v ,

Papa, Sparticle...

As I understand the OP's original question, it had nothing to do with a debate over splits vs. paddles, rather which *splits*. So, your comments are completely irrelevant (and probably unwelcome) in this particular thread.

As per the original topic... I own both Atomics and Bios, and love them both. I find the Bios easier to kick and less fatiguing, since the Atomics are a composite and a bit stiffer (closer to the 'C' version of the Bios). The Bios are a bit shorter (fit easier into my travel bags). As someone else mentioned, however, the Atomics *are* positive (the solid rubber Bios sink), which can be trickier on boat re-boarding.

Both are great choices...

Dive safely...

Man, I didn't know I would ignite such a "discussion". I did try on a an Apollo Bio at my LDS yesterday. I believe I will get a pair from Leisure Pro in a few weeks. Sweet fin, it ought to fly through the H2O.
THANKS for info.
Check out SCUBAtoys. That is where I will buy mine. They are currently offering free shipping, 10% discount to forum members and other discounts available for posting. Also there is more discussion on the Atomics that may assist in decision making.

In the first sentence, you say Splitfins are useless. In the very next sentence you imply how they are useful to people who don't have proper kicking technique to be able to move. :confused:

BDSC

Hey I would like to thank my critics for pointing out spelling errors! I manage a couple web sites and have had a few volunteers for editor, but the task is huge! I know you think your making fun of me and thats a small price to pay to help me get the job done! I have fixed a few and it is ready for your criticisms, so go to it and beat me up about please!:D

We're just helping you out Papa. What that thought in mind, check out your profile under "Cast and Crew" on your website. It should read "since 1972" and not "sense 1972". Also, you should spell videograhers as videographers. :shakehead:

At some point I will try and review the rest of your website. If you are going to try and be professional, your website needs to look professional.

BDSC

Back
Top Bottom