Apollo Bio-Fin, Atomic Smoke or TUSA Zooms, which one is the best Split Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of TUSA Zooms Split Fins. I like them alot, but I'm thinking about adding another pair to my stable. I hear alot of great reviews on the Atomic Smoke on the Water fins and alot of people swear by their Apollo Bio-Fins.
My question is, which fin has the best speed and power and overall performance of all 3?

Thanks!

I own a pair of Atomic Reef Red, I ditched the straps and purchased the Atomic springs... I literally love mine, I got a size large and I'm in a 9 bootie...

I swim effortlessly underwater in Monterey, the surface swims take more effort than a standard fin but I wouldn't trade that for the easy drive I get under the water; that too me is more important, I never get strain on the feet and I literally leave my dive buddy behind without much effort...

I got a pair of Atomic Smokes in size small for my petite wife... She hopefully gets certified next month...

I have a pair of TUSA Zooms Split Fins. I like them a lot, but I'm thinking about adding another pair to my stable. I hear a lot of great reviews on the Atomic Smoke on the Water fins and a lot of people swear by their Apollo Bio-Fins.
My question is, which fin has the best speed and power and overall performance of all 3?

Thanks!

I have Atomic Liquid Blues, my wife has Atomic Reef Reds and my daughter has the Atomic Smoke on Water.

When we bought my daughters Smoke on Water fins she was not sure about the spring straps so I put them on mine and the regular straps on hers. I liked the spring straps so much I bought my wife and daughter a pair for Christmas.

All of us love the fins.

My wife loves her Atomic Splits with Springs. (Yellow/Black)

which fin has the best speed and power and overall performance?

Thanks!

The OMS Slipstream ???

Just a guess.

I dove the tusa zooms for years.

I have the TUSA Zooms Splits for use at home here in Maine and the Apollo Bio-Fins in the full-foot version for tropical vacations. I like them both.

I will add that the Apollo Fins are the most comfortable FF fin I've ever worn.

But there split? There defective, maybe some good glue might fix them? I had some flip flops that were really comfortable but I could walk with them because the little toe thing was broke, but boy they were comfortable!

I have a pair of TUSA Zooms Split Fins. I like them alot, but I'm thinking about adding another pair to my stable. I hear alot of great reviews on the Atomic Smoke on the Water fins and alot of people swear by their Apollo Bio-Fins.

Thanks!

The ones that aren't split!

But there split? There defective, maybe some good glue might fix them? I had some flip flops that were really comfortable but I could walk with them because the little toe thing was broke, but boy they were comfortable!

I use a PC and not a MAC
I like Canon not Nikon
I have a ’63 Ford not a Chevy
I have Splits not Paddles

I have nothing bad to say about any of the items on the right, but have grown tired of people that have an axe to grind because your choice is not their choice.

Your money, your diving, just my opinion on a discussion board! It just amazes me how people can buy a defective design! Why not a split wet suit? easier to get into! Effective NO! but easier YES!:D

Back
Top Bottom