Anyone out there complete Recreational GUE courses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
AnotherDiverHere

AnotherDiverHere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Scubaboard,

I am looking for volunteers who have completed GUE Recreational Diver 1, 2, or 3, who would be interested in coming onto the podcast for an interview.

I feel most people out there know GUE for Technical and not so much Recreational. I would like to speak to people who started down the GUE path from the beginning. Goal is to highlight the Recreational side of this organization.

Would love to hear from GUE Rec instructors as well.

What is everyone thoughts about GUE Recreational programs?

I'd like to hear from all 12 of them too :).

In all seriousness, I'd like to hear from the ones who didn't know someone who pushed them in that direction, but did some research and found them on their own. So, just the three of them. :)

I'd like to hear from all 12 of them too :).

In all seriousness, I'd like to hear from the ones who didn't know someone who pushed them in that direction, but did some research and found them on their own. So, just the three of them. :)
I was hoping for at least 15 or 16. :p

That is a good question, I'm sure there is a big gap between people that come in through fundamentals as opposed to Rec1/Rec2. I have some high hopes that these unicorns are out there and hopefully willing to share their story as to why and how they chose that path.

I reached out to a few GUE instructors for some leads to students who went down this path. I figured I would try through Scubaboard as well. If anything, it will make for a fun project trying to search for these mythical creatures. If anyone has any leads please do let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom