Anybody up for a Lanier or Jocassee Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a good time at the lake today. I want to thank Jksteger, Jessie, as well as Robert for coming on out. The viz was rather poor today, but that didn't keep us from diving. 2-5' most of the time. The water was nice and warm above the thermocline and it was a unique experience going through grass that was 20' tall in 2' viz. I would love to do the dive again someday and hopefully with better viz next time to enjoy the experience more. Good company and conversation and it was a pleasure meeting and diving with you Robert, I hope you come on out some more. Hopefully the viz will be better for you next time. Kyle and I are talking about a night dive this week at Lanier, and JKSteger, Jessie, and I were possibly talking about doing something up at Lanier next weekend. Bring out the grill, do some diving and have a cookout while we are at it. Air fills are right down the road. Anybody up for a Grill and Dive next weekend at Lanier? Once I have a better idea of people's plans (if anybody feels like coming out.. :), then we could firm things up. Tomorrow evening I should have a better idea of when the night dive will be this week. I believe the Kraken/Kyle both showed some interest in coming out to Lanier for a night dip sometime this week.

Matt

I'm all game for a Lanier dive and cookout next weekend if everyone is up for it. Like we talked I think it would be great.

As always I had a great time out at the lake. I enjoy these 2'-5' viz dives as much as I enjoy the 50' viz dives. It really helps tuning one's diving skills.

Until next weekend (hopefully),
Safe Diving,

Jeremy

JKSteger:
As always I had a great time out at the lake. I enjoy these 2'-5' viz dives as much as I enjoy the 50' viz dives. It really helps tuning one's diving skills.
You got that right. I used my compass for a full 60 minutes today, lots of navigation practice.

Matt

Corigan:
Tomorrow evening I should have a better idea of when the night dive will be this week. I believe the Kraken/Kyle both showed some interest in coming out to Lanier for a night dip sometime this week.
Matt

Hey Matt,
Have you firmed up a night for the dive yet? I would be interested, just depends upon the night and whether I can cut out of work early enough to make it over to the dive shop for some fills before they close. I know Thursday is definitely not a good day for me, but should be OK for the rest of the week.

scubaPT:
Hey Matt,
Have you firmed up a night for the dive yet? I would be interested, just depends upon the night and whether I can cut out of work early enough to make it over to the dive shop for some fills before they close. I know Thursday is definitely not a good day for me, but should be OK for the rest of the week.
Good to see you Allen. I've been wondering where you have been hiding.. :) I was waiting till Kyle got home tonight to see what was good for him. I know TK has prior engagements on Wednesday. So if Kyle is squared away that would leave us tomorrow or Friday evening. Doesn't really matter to me, I'm free any evening. I assume we will have more definite plans coming out this evening, or we could just discuss it tonight. I would like to be able to make it to where everyone that is interested could make it out.

Matt

For what it's worth, I'll be up at WBP tomorrow afternoon doing some mapping work. So tomorrow would be very convenient for me, but it ain't all about me !!!!

Friday works too.

the K

The Kraken:
For what it's worth, I'll be up at WBP tomorrow afternoon doing some mapping work. So tomorrow would be very convenient for me, but it ain't all about me !!!!

Friday works too.

the K
When tomorrow? I will come out regardless of if we are doing the night dive tomorrow. Friday works for me as well.

Matt

I'm heading up straight from work. Should get there about 4:15 to 4:30, traffic permitting.

Im up for a dive tomorrow evening, don't know if I can make it before 5 , but I can make it for the night dive. Friday would be good too. Whichever is better for everyone else, doesn't matter to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom