Anybody up for a Lanier or Jocassee Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Debbie. I have a couple of dips in Jocassee, but am far from an expert. I have only dove off of the boat ramp. I really like diving up there, it is quite beautiful, the scenary is great, and no cell phones. It would be great to get together one of these days and get some dives in. Let us know if you are ever looking for a dive partner. It only takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get to Jocassee and is easy for me to make a day trip out of it. I know I am always looking to get wet, and jocassee is a great place to do it. I also had a blast last time I was at the hot hole and would like to do that dive again.

Matt

Corigan:
Thanks Debbie. I have a couple of dips in Jocassee, but am far from an expert. I have only dove off of the boat ramp. I really like diving up there, it is quite beautiful, the scenary is great, and no cell phones. It would be great to get together one of these days and get some dives in. Let us know if you are ever looking for a dive partner. It only takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get to Jocassee and is easy for me to make a day trip out of it. I know I am always looking to get wet, and jocassee is a great place to do it. I also had a blast last time I was at the hot hole and would like to do that dive again.

Matt

I'll let you know when I get my certification - hopefully sometime this month. I'm training off the remote boat ramp that has been secured for divers. I'll be with the tri-mix divers next weekend (I'm on the surface, naturally :) while they dive 300 feet to Attakulla Lodge. Nice talking with you, Matt - Debbie

Welcome to the Boards Jocasseegirl (Debbie) and to diving, I am somwhat of a newb myself. :wink:

Happy diving!

Hey Allen, good to see ya around bud. It's been awhile! Like stated in my PM, I think we are going to be headed down to Lake Julliette this weekend. I was wondereing if you are still available for weekday dives? I would like to come up there and dive during the week sometimes if you are still available on certain days. Hit me up with a PM and let me know what you schedule is in the future and maybe we could get something together at Jocassee again.

Corigan:
Hey Allen, good to see ya around bud. It's been awhile! Like stated in my PM, I think we are going to be headed down to Lake Julliette this weekend. I was wondereing if you are still available for weekday dives? I would like to come up there and dive during the week sometimes if you are still available on certain days. Hit me up with a PM and let me know what you schedule is in the future and maybe we could get something together at Jocassee again.
I can do Sundays, Tuesdays, Wendesdays, or Thursdays. I would like to practice and expand my deeper diving.

QUETZAL:
Where is lake juliette? Georgia I supose but where in GA?
It's near Macon GA. About 15 Miles north of it. Atleast that is my understanding of it's geographic location.

Matt

Later next week after my Court Date on Monday, I may feel like celebrating and diving and Jocassee sounds very interesting. Been by that way but never been diving there.

Let me know what day (monday excluded) and maybe I just might take you up on the Jocassee and some more deep work. Did Diveland today to 135 and damn was it cold. Low 50's, but I do need thicker gloves, so may have to get those. 3mil? that might do it.
How deep in Jo are we talking? Probably need 29% or less.

Hz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom