Anybody up for a Lanier or Jocassee Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shushi:
Is that far from AL/GA I-20 State line?
Lanier is north of Atlanta off of I-985
Probably too far for a day trip unless you are really needing to get a dive in due to withdrawals. I have been known to do Vortex Springs as a very long day trip before.

Shushi:
Is that far from AL/GA I-20 State line?
Heya Shushi, Welcome to the Forum. I am having difficulties distinguishing what you are asking for. This thread has kind of been all over the place, so I was wondering which site your question refers to.

m7scuba: We have been having fun for sure! I am pretty positive I am going to head out to rockdivers on the 27th if anybody is interested. I was discussing this with mike_S over on another thread.

Matt

My husband and I want to dive on Sunday and I saw that some of you guys were going and wanted to know how far it is from the ATL area.

Thanks ScubaPT!! Vortex is too far for a day, we did that a few weeks ago. We just got back from Anacapa Island, CA so we are just looking for something close to get wet, LOL

Shushi: Less than an hr. It's in Cumming, GA right off of buford dam road. West Bank Park is where many of the divers dive up there. From Atlanta I would just take 400 North to exit 14 (Cumming, GA I-20 Exit). Hang a right off the exit loop till it T's into Atlanta Road. Take a right on Atlanta road and the next light is buford dam road. Take a right on that and it's a few miles down on the left (West Bank Park). There are other ways to get there (left off the exit, first left, right on buford dam), but I don't know the street names that way to give directions (though it is faster). It's nice and close and definately a decent place to get wet. I was going to head out there this weekend, but I am just going to do a night dive with kyle tomorrow evening. If anybody wants to come on out for a nightdive feel free.

I am almost always ready to dive Lanier though, so I will post the next time I am heading out that way. Maybe some of the other locals would want to get together with ya on Sunday and show you around the place.

I also agree, Vortex is too far for a day trip for me as well.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom