Anybody up for a Lanier or Jocassee Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Hoss,
Get yourself a pair of those Tusa 5mm gauntlet gloves there at the shop. It's always nice to have that extra 2mm when you hit an unexpected thermocline.

the K

The Kraken:
Hey, Hoss,
Get yourself a pair of those Tusa 5mm gauntlet gloves there at the shop. It's always nice to have that extra 2mm when you hit an unexpected thermocline.

the K

Anyone interested in diving Jocassee would benefit from contacting Bill at www.offthewalldiving.com. He knows the lake better than anyone, especially if you are wanting to do some deep diving. He has a pontoon with a specially-fitted ladder that makes it easy for divers to get back on the boat - plus he's super nice. The cemetery - complete with a skeleton, tombstones, and open graves, is in about 138 feet. Tell him "the Lady of the Lodge" sent you:) Have a great time! Debbie

Hey, 'casseegirl . . .
You should join us at the "Oktoberfest" down at Vortex Springs in October ?!?!?!?!?

the K

Well now !!! Let's see . . .

"Oktoberfest" is going to be a gathering of divers from the southeast that have met here on the ScubaBoard. Some of us met up at Vortex Springs for a meet/greet & eat back in July.

We'll all be bringing something to eat, covered dish, desert, whatever . . . 2 six packs of a favorite German beer for putting into a communal ice chest/s for sampling.

It's a rather informal thing which we hope will turn into an annual event.

Vortex Springs is a beautiful fresh water spring down in the panhandle of Florida with excellent scuba diving facilities. Have a look at it at "vortexsprings.com" or something like that.

The more the merrier.

I guarantee you that you will meet some wonderful and interesting people with all levels of diving experience.

And as the old folks say down here . . . "There was much food, much fellowship, and a good time was had by all!"

the K

cewarbin:
Later next week after my Court Date on Monday, I may feel like celebrating and diving and Jocassee sounds very interesting. Been by that way but never been diving there.

Let me know what day (monday excluded) and maybe I just might take you up on the Jocassee and some more deep work. Did Diveland today to 135 and damn was it cold. Low 50's, but I do need thicker gloves, so may have to get those. 3mil? that might do it.
How deep in Jo are we talking? Probably need 29% or less.

Hz
Hz,
Good to meet you, I have appointments only on Mon, FRi, & Sat. So Tues, Wensd, Or Thur are good or Sunday. Tuesday or Thursday are probably best. I'll PM you with more details.

Jocasseegirl:
Anyone interested in diving Jocassee would benefit from contacting Bill at www.offthewalldiving.com. He knows the lake better than anyone, especially if you are wanting to do some deep diving. He has a pontoon with a specially-fitted ladder that makes it easy for divers to get back on the boat - plus he's super nice. The cemetery - complete with a skeleton, tombstones, and open graves, is in about 138 feet. Tell him "the Lady of the Lodge" sent you:) Have a great time! Debbie
Yeah Bill's a good guy.
Allen

Couple of us are going to be at Lake Julliette Tommarow at 10:00AM. Tenatively is Jksteger, his brother (I think?), rsanders, and myself. Feel free to come on out if you would like to get wet.

On another note, Bill's a great guy. I am planning on getting on his boat before the summer is up, but I may not make it.

Matt

wish I could go to juliette tomorrow, but house duties call. I would love to get together with everyone and do a good deep dive up at jocasee. Keep me informed when you all are meeting up. Sundays would be the best for me, but I'll see about making it if you all go on a different day.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom