Any women up for a Girls Dive Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepchick:
I would love to go along with you guys when you plan this! I'm a fairly new diver and so far I've only had one buddy that I dive with regularly. I've been told it's good to branch out and dive with all kinds of people, that's the best way to learn, so it's probably time for me to get a little out of my comfort zone! I've come to rely on him to be my underwater tour guide! I need to figure some of this out on my own! Let me know when and where and hopefully I can make it! It seems like there aren't a lot of girls in this sport, this would be a fun time I think!

You are absolutely invited!

Also, in the summertime, I am sometimes looking for a weekday buddy. My fave quarry is Blue Springs, but I also like Hidden Paradise when the vis is good. So... if you're interested, and our schedules jive, I'll keep ya in mind! :wink:

ohmdiver:
I have been watching this thread and hoping you would crack on the women only. I understand you might not want to dive with your sig other.

But why can't your new dive buddy be male? (perhaps some other weekend)

I understand that being with a same gender group my be more comfortable for some, but isn't the end goal really to dive, and not exclude?

I don't mind new "male" dive buddies. And my hubby is not the jealous type, so no prob there either. :wink: It's just nice to be able dive with the ladies... and there's not that many of us, so that makes it all the neater.

If you're looking for a buddy in Indiana... I'd gladly dive with you. :D (But it has to be summer so the water is warm. :wink: ) LOL

Ber Rabbit:
I'm hoping to go and if I do then there will be an instructor present. There's one of your planets trying to come into alignment :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber,
Thanks, let's see what other planets align :eyebrow:

erparamedic:
You are absolutely invited!

Also, in the summertime, I am sometimes looking for a weekday buddy. My fave quarry is Blue Springs, but I also like Hidden Paradise when the vis is good. So... if you're interested, and our schedules jive, I'll keep ya in mind! :wink:

Great! Sounds like a lot of fun! My schedule is usually completely open during the week, especially in the summer, and I love Blue Springs too! I'll go dive with ya anytime that it can work out!

jeepchick:
Great! Sounds like a lot of fun! My schedule is usually completely open during the week, especially in the summer, and I love Blue Springs too! I'll go dive with ya anytime that it can work out!

Awesome! I'm totally up for it. My schedule is (generally) 3-11pm roughly 4 days a week... although, I sometimes I work diff hours and pick up extra days, etc. BUT... anything over the 16 manditory hours a week, is totally my choice... so I have big options! :D That translates to dive time! :D My sister or a sitter can watch the kids, and we can go have a blast! Ever play ScubUNO? It's lots of fun!

Queen:
Hey erpara...does anyone still dive at France Park??

Yes, there is still diving at France Park. I've only dove there once for the DSI Treasure Hunt back in September. I don't know if they have it open for diving during the week or not, but I know that it's open on weekends during the spring, summer, and fall. The Diving Den out of Kokomo runs it. It's closed for the winter right now.

Have you been there?

When I dove there, we had very varied vis. Some places were a silt out, while other places had 15 ft vis. I'd say it averaged 10 feet or so. There's some BIG fish... and there's HUGE schools of fish! I've never seen so many bluegill in all my life! LOL I hear at the far back of the quarry... (quite the swim!) is where the paddlefish are. There's cool rock piles that attract the fish. There's supposed to be a bus, truck, mining equiptment, and fish habitats down there. I didn't see any of that! :shakehead But I did find the ONE platform (and I don't think it's buoyed) so it was a "surprise find". Hahaha! Overall, aside from the amount of fish, I didn't find it incredibly interesting, but it would be worth another dive or two, just to see what I can find... and maybe spark some interest.

erparamedic:
Have you been there?
I dove there back in the late 70's and early 80's, we used to go over and spend the weekend camping and diving. The bus was there back then and some of that mining equipment as well...we had a great time!

Queen:
I dove there back in the late 70's and early 80's, we used to go over and spend the weekend camping and diving. The bus was there back then and some of that mining equipment as well...we had a great time!

Rod (my husband) did a dive with Divin' Hoosier before the hunt started and they found the bus, but they said it was sooooo heavily covered with moss and silt that it was hard to tell what it was.

erparamedic:
Awesome! I'm totally up for it. My schedule is (generally) 3-11pm roughly 4 days a week... although, I sometimes I work diff hours and pick up extra days, etc. BUT... anything over the 16 manditory hours a week, is totally my choice... so I have big options! :D That translates to dive time! :D My sister or a sitter can watch the kids, and we can go have a blast! Ever play ScubUNO? It's lots of fun!

I stay home with my kids so I have a lot of free time, when school gets out for the summer, I have a live in teenager nanny that helps me with the kids so I can get out, so I will be wide open as far as my schedule. Never played scubaUNO, that would be a first!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom