Any one tried divecomputer.eu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at the Ratio computers, thanks for the hint!

Not sure those are workable with dry gloves or with three finger mittens. Four buttons on that body seems a little bit too much. Please infrom me, if I'm wrong. My finger is one inch wide.
Sorry, have not personally used Ratio computers, they have a small, but loyal following here. Thought you might have a better price in Finland than in the US

Best of luck in your search.

Don’t buy Divecomputer.eu. My computer is one year defect and there is no support to help me.

I bought Shearwater and my Divecomputer.eu is still not working, I gave up.

This thread is still relevant.

My dive computer just broke - after only 12 years - and it does not record dives anymore and I need a new one. One with a large LCD screen would be preferred as I'm frequently diving in 10 inch visibility and judging depth by equalization is kind of inexact. Divecomputer.eu is the cheapest one I can find. Shearwater is 2x out of price range. The computer needs to have at least a gauge mode as I'm doing trimix dives sometimes.

So, with the newest NPX hardware, is this device still plagued by resets under water, or has it been made more shock proof? Will it remain powered on if I hit a wall in a cave or if I do physical labor under water like lift/carry heavy things or use a hammer?

- Yeah, of course there is a memorized or written contingency plan on serious dives, and a bottom timer/watch, but computer resetting mid-dive would still be annoying as the profile might be lost.

I have the Ratio iX3M Tech + and it is excellent. They are running extreme specials on their iX3M Pro and the iDive Color that are beyond fantastic. It is impossible for any other company to compete against their special prices considering the features Ratio has in their computers. You can also buy their basic version and then pay a license fee for software upgrade to have the more advanced (technical diving) features.

I looked at the Ratio computers, thanks for the hint!

Not sure those are workable with dry gloves or with three finger mittens. Four buttons on that body seems a little bit too much. Please infrom me, if I'm wrong. My finger is one inch wide.

Four buttons means easier to navigate, very easy. Their buttons are big and very workable for big fingers. I have no problem with them at all.

Don’t buy Divecomputer.eu. My computer is one year defect and there is no support to help me.

I bought Shearwater and my Divecomputer.eu is still not working, I gave up.

I also have a Divecomputer.eu, have had some problems, solved now. It's true that their support is quite slow to react.

Divecomputer.eu has one of the best readable display, that's a good point.

Now used as backup of a Shearwater.

I have the iDive Color Deep and while I don't wear dry gloves, I wear gloves with my wetsuit and find the buttons very easy to use. They sit out a decent way from the watch and have a definate feel when they engage.

The 4 button navigation is sensible and logical though during the dive, the layout always seems to have the most relevant information in front of you, so the need for button presses is pretty minimal. I only really need them when I switch into and out of the compass.

As Boltsnap mentioned, the specials at the moment are amazing. There's nothing else currently available that gives the same features for close to the price.

The 4 button navigation is sensible and logical though during the dive, the layout always seems to have the most relevant information in front of you, so the need for button presses is pretty minimal. I only really need them when I switch into and out of the compass.

YES!!

There's nothing else currently available that gives the same features for close to the price.

Exactly, nothing comes even close out there.

[...] Ratio computers [...] Thought you might have a better price in Finland
Nope, their normoxic version costs 80% of a Perdix. There is no relevant price difference.
:crying:

It's either Suunto Zoop Novo (cheap) or Divecomputer.eu minus support (about twice the price but with a readable screen).
I have been warned, though. Thanks guys.
Luckily I can postpone the decision because I have an Uwatec bottom timer and some analog gauges to give me everything except the ease of use (one device) and the profile I crave.

Nope, their normoxic version costs 80% of a Perdix. There is no relevant price difference.

Are you sure?

The iDive Color easy is a fraction of the Perdix price:

The iX3M Pro Easy is also much less than the Perdix:

Back
Top Bottom