Any one tried divecomputer.eu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ISO and other certificates are many times just a question of cash

Have you ever worked in a place that went ISO900x and if yes, how much cash did you pay The ISO Man?

(I actually have so I happen to know which orifice your sentence came out of.)

Have you ever worked in a place that went ISO900x and if yes, how much cash did you pay The ISO Man?

(I actually have so I happen to know which orifice your sentence came out of.)
Cash is dedicated rescoues to pass the iso controls. Nothing else

Hi, I have used this product for a some 10 dives.
I like it a lot due to its clear screen and good functionality.

However the computer broke for unclear reason during dive 10. It just started to drain the battery quickly, and went down to 2-5 minutes life on on brand new battery, so I had to send it back for repair. I had been very careful when exchanging batteries, and it showed no signs of having leaks in the battery compartment.

Their support was slow and did not provide updates on the status of when I could have it back. They did not manage to get it back for me in time for my upcoming dive-trip, and they had it for 21 days before they returned it, which with transport to Poland and back from Sweden means that it took a month.

So for me the product was not that reliable, and support was slow. Maybe I was just unlucky, or they have (had) quality issues.

So for me the product was not that reliable, and support was slow. Maybe I was just unlucky, or they have (had) quality issues.

It seems that they have hardware problems.
In ~20 dives, 5 of them it did not go into dive mode, even if i set it to permanent dive (not sensor mode) even at 30 meters.
This weekend, after a 30 minutes dive (max 22 meters) , i`ve let it turned off, and next day in the morning the computer was in dive mode on my table :)). 2 days have passed , and if i insert a new battery, the computer is still in dive mode.

Their support seems to be terrible, i have opened a ticket, but without any answer until now.....

This thread is still relevant.

My dive computer just broke - after only 12 years - and it does not record dives anymore and I need a new one. One with a large LCD screen would be preferred as I'm frequently diving in 10 inch visibility and judging depth by equalization is kind of inexact. Divecomputer.eu is the cheapest one I can find. Shearwater is 2x out of price range. The computer needs to have at least a gauge mode as I'm doing trimix dives sometimes.

So, with the newest NPX hardware, is this device still plagued by resets under water, or has it been made more shock proof? Will it remain powered on if I hit a wall in a cave or if I do physical labor under water like lift/carry heavy things or use a hammer?

- Yeah, of course there is a memorized or written contingency plan on serious dives, and a bottom timer/watch, but computer resetting mid-dive would still be annoying as the profile might be lost.

Hi @Subcooled

You didn't list the exact capabilities you need. Would one of the Ratio computers meet your needs at an acceptable price?

What is the price for the divecomputer.eu?

Hi @Subcooled

You didn't list the exact capabilities you need. Would one of the Ratio computers meet your needs at an acceptable price?
  • I need a bottom timer that records the dive profile (trimix computer with gas change would be slightly better).
  • I also want a large illuminated screen with current/max/avg depth and running time.
  • The device should tolerate some beating.
  • It must turn on once it becomes wet. No stupid 170cm rules. Many of my dives are only three feet deep, yet serious overhead dives.
  • The device needs to connect with Diving Log 6 and Subsurface (either directly or in a chained manner).

I looked at the Ratio computers, thanks for the hint!

Not sure those are workable with dry gloves or with three finger mittens. Four buttons on that body seems a little bit too much. Please infrom me, if I'm wrong. My finger is one inch wide.

Back
Top Bottom